Is ACORN Intentionally Structured As a Criminal Enterprise?
From a recent press release by Rep. Darrell Issa, the Ranking Republican on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee:
“The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) has repeatedly and deliberately engaged in systemic fraud,” according to the report’s executive summary. “Both structurally and operationally, ACORN hides behind a paper wall of nonprofit corporate protections to conceal a criminal conspiracy on the part of its directors, to launder federal money in order to pursue a partisan political agenda and to manipulate the American electorate. Emerging accounts of widespread deceit and corruption raise the need for a criminal investigation of ACORN.”
Committee investigators have received numerous documents and significant new information from ACORN “whistleblowers” which appear to substantiate these serious allegations. A full congressional/criminal investigation is warranted.
Again, from the press release:
Highlighted in the report:
- ACORN has evaded taxes, obstructed justice, engaged in self dealing, and aided and abetted a cover-up of the $948.607.50 embezzlement by Dale Rathke, the brother of ACORN founder Wade Rathke.
- ACORN has committed investment fraud, deprived the public of its right to honest services, and engaged in a racketeering enterprise affecting interstate commerce.
- ACORN has committed a conspiracy to defraud the United States by using taxpayer funds for partisan political activities.
- ACORN has submitted false filings to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Department of Labor, in addition to violating the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- ACORN falsified and concealed facts concerning an illegal transaction between related parties in violation of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA).
If interested, you can read the entire report here:
Note: While reading this completely devastating report it is important to remember, President Obama is an ideologue and a community organizer with substantial ties to ACORN.