Take a moment to meet Mark Kirk, candidate for U.S. Senate in Illinois.
- Voted for Nancy Pelosi’s radical Cap & Tax Bill
- Voted against new oil drilling in ANWR for energy independence
- Has earned an “F” from the NRA for being “a true enemy of gun owners’ rights…and a consistent anti-gun candidate who always opposes gun owners’ rights.”
- Voted against the final surge in Iraq.
- Being a supporter of partial birth abortion, he gets a 100% rating from NARAL.
If conservatives come out early next week in an organized fashion, throw a pile of targeted money into Illinois, and rapidly drive up Pat Hughes’ name identification, the polling in Illinois suggests Hughes will win.
He is not polling well against Kirk right now, but then he has significantly lower name identification. All the polling suggests Kirk’s support is very weak and once people find out about Hughes, they break overwhelmingly for Hughes.