Pejman Is Being Too Nice – UPDATE
Pejman Yousefzadeh is being way too nice calling Democrat Harry Reid the “Worst. Senate. Majority. Leader. EVER.” While there are plenty of putrid turds like Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, John Conyers, Dick Durbin, Barbara Boxer, and John “Francois” Kerry running around in Congress, they don’t get much lower than the cockroach Reid (which is an insult to cockroaches).
Reid has decided, for what purpose I can’t fathom, that Chief Justice John Roberts is a liar:
“Roberts didn’t tell us the truth. At least Alito told us who he was,” Reid said, referring to Samuel Alito, the second Supreme Court justice nominated by President George W. Bush.
Here’s where Reid gets cute. Reid voted against Roberts. Either Reid had some clairvoyance prior to his “Nay” vote and knew Roberts was going to lie while testifying; or Reid forgot that he voted against the Roberts confirmation; or Reid is being his typical self, a mean-spirited jerk. I’ll wager it’s the latter.
Let’s look at some of Reid’s most shameful moments:
- 2004, “Dems’ new Senate leader criticizes Justice Thomas” – Reid claims Justice Clarence Thomas is an embarrassment and writes poorly written opinions, as if Reid would know.
- 2006, Reid not only voted against Sam Alito being Supreme Court Justice, he had voted “Nay” on the cloture vote to close debate on the Alito nomination.
- April, 2007, Reid declares the war in Iraq lost, even though he did vote for it back in 2002 (Democrats controlled the Senate then, and Reid was the Majority Whip).
- April, 2007 (it was a bad month for Reid), Reid lashes out at the Supreme Court for upholding the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act, despite the fact that he voted for the bill; later, he “clarifies” his statement saying that he either misspoke or was misinterpreted (and added a harangue at Roberts and Alito for good measure).
- June, 2007, Reid was reported to have made disparaging remarks against Gen. David Petraeus despite the fact that he voted with every other Senator that voted for Petraeus’ promotion to full (four-star) general.
- 2008, Reid vowed he would stand firm to keep from being seated the Blago-tainted pick of Roland Burris as President Obama’s replacement as U.S. Senator from Illinois, then “bravely” ran away from his stance.
The left (who really don’t like him) will dismiss all of these instances as part of politics, but it really shows an obvious lack of character on Reid’s part since his statements and actions occur with such regularity.
Nevada Republicans need to come up with an alternative to Reid for 2010. It’s time to send Reid out of Washington and put out to pasture back in Nevada.
UPDATE: I think it’s jealousy on Reid’s part. I mean, Roberts, Alito, Thomas, and Petraeus are all distinguished and distinguished-looking gentleman. Look at Reid: