We are headed in the wrong direction. With another month of rising unemployment, it is clear President Obama’s economic policies are simply not working. American workers have long known what this month’s job report confirms: we are not on a path to recovery. It is time to put an end to the failed job-killing policies of this administration and enact pro-growth, pro-jobs public policy which will strengthen the American economy.
There are currently some 20 million Americans who are out of work and as the abysmal June jobs report shows there is little hope in sight. With only 18,000 new jobs created nationwide last month we simply cannot afford tax increases or further debt. The Obama Administration’s solution to the jobs crisis is the same as their solution to nearly every problem our country faces; more government spending and regulation and increased debt. This is why while Americans search for work President Obama is searching for a deal allowing him to increase the debt ceiling and borrow more money.
If the depressing June jobs numbers do not convince you that President Obama’s economic policies are failing then look no further than facts distilled by Investor’s Business Daily:
- There are 2 million fewer private-sector jobs now than when Obama was sworn in, and the unemployment rate is 1.5 percentage points higher.
- There are now more long-term unemployed than at any time since the government started keeping records.
- The U.S. dollar is more than 12% weaker.
- The number of Americans on food stamps has climbed 37%.
- The Misery Index (unemployment plus inflation) is up 62%.
- And the national debt is about 40% higher than it was in January 2009.
The facts are damning and are proof positive that we need a new approach to restoring our economy. As Washington considers tax increases and increased government borrowing the American people must send a message that enough is enough