In the Obama administration, the frayed-around-the-edges card with the word "race" on it has been played so often that it's barely recognizable. Still, it hasn't stopped Barry and his attorney general from playing it when the temperature in the kitchen starts to climb, such as it is right now with the resurgence of radical Islam in the Middle East and the disaster taking place on the Mexico border.
The color of Obama’s skin has always been used when politically convenient. In a recent interview with All Barack Channel (ABC) News where Holder attacked Sarah Palin for not being a "particularly good vice presidential candidate" when she called on Congress to impeach the president, and he blasted the Republican plan to sue Obama for exceeding his constitutional authority, he concluded that these and other attempts by anyone to "take their country back" have no motivation other than racism.
"You know, people talking about taking their country back," Holder said. "There's a certain racial component to this for some people. I don't think this is the thing that is a main driver, but for some there's a racial animus."
Impressive. He's used the card so often he has to find new names for it. "Animus" means "strong dislike or hatred," so saying racial animus sounds much warmer that racist, don't you think?
This latest attempt to defend the indefensible by accusing those who would stand in the way of Obama's "fundamental transformation" of America is nothing new for the White House and its many defenders. We have documented multiple instances (see links below) where accusations of racism have been used to turn the topic away from the president. Some highlights from Barry and his gang over the years include:
- "I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of twelve or thirteen" because she was white.." - Barack Obama Dreams From My Father
- "Did I mention that he's black" - Obama during a FL fundraiser mocking Republicans in 2007
- Race and ethnicity should be considered as a judge - Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor
- "Race remains a factor in the society" - Obama after Cambridge police arrested his black friend before the facts were in
- White polluters and white environmentalists are steering poison into the people of color communities - Van Jones (ex-Green Energy Czar)
- “You can’t vote against healthcare and call yourself a black man.” - Jesse Jackson during Obamacare debate
- Obama — a "light-skinned’ African American ‘with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one" - Harry Reid from his book (Game Changer)
- "In things racial we have always been and I believe continue to be... essentially a nation of cowards.” - Eric Holder speech
- Obstructing Obamacare is equivalent to obstructing the abolition of slavery according to Harry Reid
- Calling Obama a liar will bring back the KKK according to Rep. Hank Johnson (R-GA)
- Race a key component in TEA Party protests - Barack Obama (US News article)
- “This is a way to get at the president because of the way I can be identified with him, both due to the nature of our relationship and, you know, the fact that we’re both African-American." - Eric Holder in the Fast and Furious Investigation
- "What Issa just showed us is that no matter what our stature in this world, someone can easily try to put us (blacks) in our place." - Al Sharpton commenting on Eric Holder and Fast and Furious
- "If I had son, he'd look like Trayvon" - Barack Obama on the Trayvon Martin death
- The fight for Obamacare is equal to the fight for equal rights - Kathleen Sebelius in NAACP speech
- Obama deserves a break for failing because he's black and not white - Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (Chairman Congressional Black Caucus)
The use of the race card doesn't end with the politicians. The Obama Propaganda Machine (a.k.a. the mainstream media) are always more than happy to climb aboard the "it's because he's black" train. Some examples from the 2012 election include:
- Newt Gingrich insulted black Americans for advocating child employment according to Juan Williams (FOX News)
- White liberals are guilty of electoral racism for holding a black President to a higher standard according to Melissa Harris-Perry (MSNBC host)
- Racism could re-emerge as a factor significant enough to sink Obama's re-election according to Clarence Page (Chicago Tribune)
- Mitt Romney's visit to Poland was for the purpose of securing the white Reagan Democrats according to Cokie Roberts (NPR)
- Racism will be the third rail of the 2012 election according to Jim Moss (Daily Kos)
- Race issues beset Obama's "post-racial" presidency according to Patricia Zengerle (Reuters)
Playing the race card so often creates a whole new level of problems when the criticism of Barack the Magic Negro---a term that originated from a black writer with the L.A. Times---comes from other black Americans. For instance, it was just last year that the National Black Republican Association filed "Articles of Impeachment" against Obama. Is Holder claiming that they object to Obama because he's black . . . just like they are?
Although, if you think about it, Obama is also half-white. So I guess it's possible for it to still be a racial thing.
As I have stated before, the fact that a man of color has reached the pinnacle of political power in the United States is something that America could have taken pride in. Unfortunately, the race-baiting used by Obama and the rest of the liberal-left has taken the shine off of this moment in history.
By the way, a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 61% of likely U.S. voters think people who oppose the president’s policies do so primarily because they believe his policies are bad, not because of racism.
Just more proof that Obama and Holder need a new deck of cards.
Links to previous articles: