It’s not often that Joe Biden inspires a great idea (unless you’re talking about late-night comedians) and mostly he just makes you wish he’d shove some pie into that pie-hole and stop talking for five minutes. But stick with me. You’ll want to hear this:
Barack Obama has made the Vice-President the point man in his Gun Control Task Force, or as I like to think of it, spearheading Obama’s pathetic and cynical play on the Newtown massacre to deny law-abiding Americans their Second Amendment rights. Listening to him beckons an episode of “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth-Grader;” and what Joe Biden lacks in intellect, he makes up for in a laser-like focus on opening the door into his face. The other day he offered the country a brilliant home-defense strategy, centered around his two shotguns, which he proudly admits to keeping locked up.
We live in an area that’s wooded and secluded. I said, Jill, if there’s ever a problem just walk out on the balcony here. Put that double-barreled shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house. I promise you whoever’s coming in is not gonna. You don’t need an AR-15. It’s harder to aim. It’s harder to use and in fact you don’t need 30 rounds to protect yourself. Buy a shotgun.
You don’t need 30 rounds? Ironic, in that security at Newtown could have used at least that. But does Joe Biden really know anything? Absolutely:
- plagiarizing speeches and articles
- racist jokes about Indian immigrants.
- three-letter words like J-O-B-S.
- how to say the F-word into an open mike with the President of the United States on stage.
- that when you are in a debate with a person whose IQ is 40 points higher than yours, constant interruptions and a goofy grin will go a long way.
I realize that covers most of the combined knowledge in the universe. But here are a few things Joe doesn’t know:
- Firing a weapon in a random direction is extremely poor gun safety.
- Most intruders don’t honk their horn in the driveway until you can get your shotgun out of the safe and come onto the front porch.
- Once your intruder is in your house, the fire-the-shotgun-into-the-sky option becomes the fire-the-shotgun-into-the-ceiling option. If you don’t burst your own eardrums, you’ll get injured or momentarily blinded by the dust and flying debris.
- Once you have fired both barrels into the ceiling, what you’re now holding is a club. Just some advice, don’t swing it, jab at his throat.
- In a firefight with multiple intruders where you are defending your home and your family, 10 rounds will get used up in the first 4 seconds. You’ll be very lucky or very good if more than 3 hit an intruder, and even more lucky if you put him down. Crack-heads and meth-heads have an amazing capacity to keep coming after you even when mortally wounded.
- The third and fourth shots from an AR-15 are easier to get off than the same from a double-barrel shotgun.
- An AR-15 is lighter, easier to aim, easier to shoot, and has much lighter recoil than a shotgun.
- The Second Amendment is not so much about home defense as it is about the ability of the citizens to protect themselves from government tyranny.
- The government has AR-15s. And grenades. And machine guns. And tanks. And cruise missiles. And attack helicopters.
So Shotgun Joe, good luck with all that. It’s the logic I’ve come to expect from a Democrat, truthfully. For myself, I grew up in a gun-shooting family. I’m a meat-hunter, not a trophy hunter, if you know what I mean. And there are few moments in your life as grand as when your 7-year old son with a .22 rifle yells “clear” down the range, as he is trained to. The Founding Father’s were not concerned with hunting – sorry Joe. They were concerned with politicians who would take away our rights – sorry Joe.
And it’s not just a hobby. Not for me. Ever since Obama’s election team and media thugs made me famous for asking a simple question in 2008, I’ve had more than my share of death threats by people who are by definition at least a little crazy. Guns are in my house. High capacity, loaded, and not locked in a safe. Like nearly all responsible gun owning household, my children are familiar with firearms, well aware of where they are, and they know better than to ever touch them without specific purpose.
So now. Did someone say something about a free AR-15?
In honor of Shotgun Joe highlighting the importance of some decent weaponry in the service of home defense, my website, JoeforAmerica.com is giving away an AR-15. Visit our site at JoeForAmerica.com and sign up to be entered into the drawing.
Now, aren’t you glad Shotgun Joe inspired us all?