Our primary is bad. They’re getting worse: We’ve seen some bad behavior during the Republican primary, but let’s look at the other side for a moment. Brandon English, former deputy exec-dir of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee put out a post on MEDIUM. The title says it all . “Go f— yourself, Bernie.” Per The Hill:
“The post was in response to Sanders implying that rival Hillary Clinton was praising President Obama in order to “win support from the African American community where the President is enormously popular.”
The Hill has a clean recap which is why I linked above. But it will guide you to the original post.
Important SCOTUS order yesterday: Alert for North Carolina. Here’s the gist from Roll Call.
“Congressional districts in North Carolina will have to be redrawn for this year’s elections—and the date of the primary elections will be moved from March 15 to June 7—after a Supreme Court decision issued late Friday ….”
“The brief order leaves it unknown whether the absence of the late Justice Antonin Scalia, who was lying in repose at the Supreme Court Friday, affected the outcome of the case. A 4-4 tie vote would simply leave in place the lower court’s ruling, but the Supreme Court order does not say whether that happened.”
Hmmm: Suppose you wanted to rid yourself of student loan debt. What lengths would you go to? Student loan rate aggregator LendEDU did a survey. Yahoo has all the results. Here’s a few of the more interesting ones:
- 57% would take a punch from Mike Tyson.
- 40% would take one year off their life expectancy.
- 28% would name their firstborn daughter Sallie Mae.
- 7% would cut off their pinky finger.
- 5% would move to Syria.
- 4% would contract a sexually transmitted disease
Look at THIS poll: Not for the numbers which are not a lot different but check out the SWITCH RATES. This YouGov poll goes back to some polled respondents from the first part of the month to find out if they changed their mind on supporting a candidate. We find out how many Trump supporters switched to Cruz. And how many Kasich and Bush supporters have switched to Rubio.
- Quickhits: This surgeon takes her God complex seriously: “I am a doctor. I have patients who are dying. I’m the hero; the cops are not!” Dr. Rachel Wellner, 40, told police when she was arrested for striking an officer’s leg with her Volvo on Thursday to avoid a parking ticket. “
- Conservative suspensions & Twitter: Last month Milo Yiannopoulos a Breitbart editor lost his “blue checkmark” status. Yesterday Stacey McCain, who is at The Other McCain, was suspended from the site. Trend developing?
- Who spent the $$ in SC? How many ads did they buy? Here’s a report from Wesleyan Media Project.
Trumpism of the day: There are just too many Trumpisms and insults. So I’ll share “The 199 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List”. Courtesy of the NY Times. Its a Who’s Who of who and what he’s besmirched. *Note: You will want to bookmark these for future use.
Today is National Hoodie Hoo day in the Northern Hemisphere. You’re supposed to go outside, wave your hands over your head and chant “Hoodie-Hoo.” (It’s designed to chase away winter.)
There’s today’s Water Cooler: You know the drill. Chew the fat about anything you like. If you find something elsewhere or have breaking news, this is the place to leave it since others will want to see it. The cooler is always an Open Thread.
* all emphasis mine