WASHINGTON — Interior Secretary Ken Salazar says he will issue a new order imposing a moratorium on deepwater drilling after a federal judge struck down the existing one.
Salazar said in a statement Tuesday evening that the new order will contain additional information making clear why the six-month drilling pause was necessary in the wake of the Gulf oil spill. The judge in New Orleans who struck down the moratorium earlier in the day complained there wasn't enough justification for it.
Salazar pointed to indications of inadequate safety precautions by industry on deepwater wells. He said he would issue a new order in the coming days showing that a moratorium is needed.
The White House also is appealing the judge's ruling.
The judge in tossing Salazar on his ear made it pretty clear when he said;
In an unusually harsh ruling, a federal judge this afternoon blocked the Obama administration's six-month ban on deepwater off shore drilling, slamming the government for relying on "incomprehensible" studies and making "factually incorrect" arguments that abused "reason (and) common sense."
The hard-hitting, 22-page opinion by Federal District Court Judge Martin Feldman said the government failed to show that the BP oil spill meant all other rigs were also in danger of failing. As such, he said, the moratorium simply went too far.
Feldman also skewered the administration for mischaracterizing the views of engineering experts in order to justify the moratorium.
Who could've voted for these clowns, anyway? It's beyond my ability to comprehend how anyone in this country can't see him for what he is; the destroyer of our country.
Obama and his cronies are suing to keep good people from working and providing for their families, at the same time as he's suing Arizona to keep the border lawless.
And the hits just keep on coming...