Here is a link to the Newsweek article entitled The Five Biggest Lies in the Health Care Debate, followed by the response I posted:
My God Newsweek. Where can I get my ‘Do It For Teddy’ t-shirt. You should be called ‘Spinweek’
How about doing a counter article called ‘The Five Biggest Truths in the Health Care Debate’. It would probably look a little something like this:
5. Doesn’t address tort reform or the elimination of regional insurance monopolies. Both would help bring down consumer insurance costs. One involves lawyers which tend to be owned by the Democrats. The other is a free market idea; and since liberals are opposed to capitalism, well, fat chance there.
4. Discourage our best and brightest from entering the medical field which is already stressed and would be that much more overwhelmed by Obamacare.
3. Obamacare would drive millions out of their current insurance plans onto the government option. At the same time would punish small business with an 8% payroll penalty in a already difficult economic climate. Small business represents over 80% of the work force and was already screwed by the so called “stimulus package” which less then 1% was devoted. Instead we get things like over $200,000 for condom research at Indiana University. How is that about “Jobs! Jobs! Jobs!” Mr. Obama.
2. Would not be budget neutral as Obama promised. Adding to the debt that is spinning completely out of control.
1. The ‘government option’ would result in a slow burn to a socialist single payer system. A government takeover of the health system that would raise taxes; hurt the quality of care; kill research and development by making us a nation of treat instead of cure; and give the government that much more power to tell us how to live our lives.
Of course an article like this would require objectivity and honesty on the issue. Two things you’ve clearly abandoned with most the mainstream media. Feel free to visit my blog at www.USAteaparties.com and follow me on twitter: usateaparties Rock on fellow patriots!