December 22, 2010
Tennessee is a great state which has sent some outstanding statesmen to Washington. Unfortunately, the two of you are not among them. You have proven yourself to have the spine of a jelly fish, the mouth of an alligator, and the brain of a mocking bird. However, mistakes can be rectified and in 2012 and 2014 “We the People” will rectify our mistakes. The winners of the Republican primaries will go on to become our next Senators in the general elections; elections which the two of you will watch from the sidelines.
As I write this your master, Barack Obama, is on TV crowing about his’ successes in the 111th lame duck congress; successes which the two of you made possible. In the lame duck session of the 111th Congress you offered yourselves to the highest bidder. What did you receive in return for selling out your constituents, your state, and your nation? While elected to represent the people of Tennessee, you have been nothing more than lap dogs for Harry Reid and Barack Obama, thereby condemning yourself to the political grave yard. You will be removed by “We the People,” one in 2012 and the other in 2014. Each of you will have a conservative primary opponent, and you will be defeated. You were warned and chose to ignore our warning. The time has long since passed when “We the People” are willing to have our future and the future of our children and grandchildren jeopardized by sleazy politicians.
1. Your vote on START has jeopardized our national security. You chose to ignore the advice of some of the best military minds in the country, as well as your own constituents, by bowing down to Harry Reid and Obama.
2. While purporting to be Christians, you have thumbed your nose at God, and jeopardized our soldiers, by allowing DADT, which He has called an abomination to come to a vote.
3. You have placed a financial burden, which can only be described as obscene, on the backs of our children and grandchildren for generations to come.
4. You have ignored the will of your constituents which was made well known by letters, telephone calls, faxes, and e-mails, as well as the elections of 2010.
5. Tennessee is a conservative state and we WILL have conservative representation in the Senate as soon as the two of you are retired.
You are a disgrace to yourselves as well as the state of Tennessee. Our nation was built by great statesmen. We will not have it destroyed by Obama and his ship of fools. Don’t make the mistake of believing your actions will be forgotten over the next few years. Having worked so hard to achieve a 13% approval rating, while carrying out the wishes of Reid and Obama, you are both obviously tired and in desperate need of rest and relaxation. “We the People” of Tennessee will see to it that you both are rewarded with well deserved extended vacations.
Wayne D. Leeper