Is PJ Media Right? Are Rep/Conservatives at a Future Disadvantage?
This was linked over at HotAir to PJ Media. I’m interested in hearing RedState’s reactions. Are the 10 reasons listed correct, and if they are, what should be done about it?
Is it possible that George W. Bush could be the last Republican president ever, or at least for the foreseeable future? Am I crazy to even formulate that question? Maybe not and here are 10 reasons why.
1. Rapidly changing demographic trends that favor the Democrat Party.
2. An education system controlled by liberals that churns out young liberals.
3. A population with an ever increasing dependence on government in the form of entitlements and subsidies.
4. A mainstream media that is overwhelmingly comprised of journalists who subtly and not so subtly spin the news in support of Democrats and liberal causes.
5. The influence of Hollywood, which makes it cool to be a liberal Democrat.
6. The growing power concentrated in local, state, and federal government worker unions, whose members actively campaign against Republicans on the taxpayer dime. (See WI Governor Walker’s upcoming recall election for an active example of this.)
7. A culture where non-traditional social and sexual behavior has become mainstream.
8. A hatred for Republicans in general and a tendency to blame the party for “the mess we’ve inherited.”
9. A Republican Party that is growing increasingly white, old, southern, and male, while alienating majorities of younger voters, Hispanics, African Americans, gays, teachers, young professionals, atheists, unmarried women, and even suburban married women.
10. The internet and the growing social media phenomenon that strongly tilts in favor of Democrats.
Further analysis here.