Obama-non: a 12-Step recovery program (You too can help!)
A couple of weeks back, I proffered this diary titled Obama-bots, Kool-Aid, Codependency & Control, as a means to create an honest discussion on how to reform a liberal (socialist, anarchist, poli-narcissist, et. al.).
On the AM dial, Sean Hannity may joke about being Hannitized, however, if we are going to wage a war to change hearts and minds amongst our citizenry, there is absolutely no time like the present.
For those who once carried water for the democrat party donkey (present self included), or perhaps David Horowitz-like, grew up and out of hippie collegiate Marxist beliefs, consider yourself an automatic “sponsor” of all those who wish to join Obama-non.
Considering step number five, you are charitable, tempered, diligent and kind, even if those who wear their feelings on their sleeves are too ignorant to grasp that.
A 12-Step Recovery Program
1. We admitted we were powerless over infatuation — that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our lives away from the gravity of this addiction and our will over to the care of God as we understood Him.
4. Made a probing and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our greed, gluttoness, envious and slothful behaviors. (*all as they apply — be honest!)
6. Were entirely willing to be willing to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings and forgive us.
8. Made a list of all persons our words, our actions, had harmed, and became willing to make amends to all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would cause further harm or cruelty.
10. Continued to take personal inventory for further insight and when empowered, to use that knowledge to rescue others from the path of evil we had sown.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the courage to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we commit to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Remember, though they may be bleeding heart liberals, we StandStrong because we are beating heart Americans. To truly arm yourselves, against these apoplectic politicians, lefty-leaders and ilk, gird yourself as St. Patrick might have, and read People of The Lie (<– free online copy here).
“Liberalism is just a way that people can feel good about themselves, but in the process, they destroy lives. That’s why we’re only supposed to look at their good intentions, never the results. Just tell ‘em that. Just tell ‘em they’re cruel. You’ll destroy them.” – ElRushbo in prep’ for CPAC2009