Due to professional obligations that diverted my attention away from RedState and the news of the day for the last couple of weeks, I awoke this morning to learn - well - that the world is officially upside down. Now, I realize that some of this may be repetitive for those who have been paying attention - but imagine my surprise to see the news this morning and learn the following:
- The Attorney General of the United States, Eric Holder, could not acknowledge the existence of radical Islam at a hearing before the U.S. House Judiciary Committee when questioned by Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX), much less acknowledge it had something to with the plot in NYC;
- The Attorney General of the United States, Eric Holder, is ranting about using his power to challenge Arizona's recent immigration law - despite the fact he has never read the law;
- The President has nominated to the United States Supreme Court (yeah - THAT court - the SUPREME Court) a native of upper-west-side Manhattan, a former Harvard Law School Dean, a former college professor, a "softball player," a woman who practically bows down at the "chosen one," a woman with scant legal and zero judicial experience, a woman who wrote an ode to socialism, a woman who is hostile to guns, and a woman who kicked the military off campus... in order to - in the President's words - make the Court "look like America;"
- A bunch of parents in Florida apparently believe it is ok to allow 8 year-old girls to dress up in skimpy outfits and dance provocatively to Beyonce;
- An enormous mosque is apparently being built just blocks from ground zero in Manhattan, and taxpayer dollars are supporting a mosque in Virginia;
- The Space Shuttle program launched Atlantis for the last time - leaving Americans wondering if we have turned over space travel to the Russians and Chinese, a seemingly curious decision at a time when our entire economy and national defense relies on satellites. But what the heck do I know?
Oh, and the Celtics beat the Cavaliers. I am cool with that, though. Mr. "I would dunk on [George W. Bush's] [butt]" LeBron James - enjoy the premature off-season AGAIN.