Best single political week in 5+ years
I suppose it is just a matter of opinion but it is hard for me to think of a week in the political life of the United States that I have enjoyed more since November of 2004.
It has been beyond great:
- Scott Brown won and the Democrats fillibuster proof majority in the Senate evaporated
- Obamacare, at least in its most odious form, died
- The far left and the blue dogs are fighting like hyeannas
- The Teapartiers enjoyed their first clear victory and the odious commentators on MSNBC are sampling the salty and savory flavor of Teabag
- - Teddy Kennedy’s legacy was shattered and his seat was lost to a Republican
- - Much of Obama’s remaining agenda like amnesty and cap and trade has been rendered impossible
- - The Supreme Court reversed the worst of McCain-Feingold and brought back balance to the situation where only unions and George Soros had a political voice.
- - And Air America went off the air and filed for Chapter 7.
I challenge anybody to identify a sweeter week. And it is only Thursday so there may be more good things to come.