Mr. President, Your Recovery Has a Problem…
No amount of caulk will fix the cracks in the fantasy that the economy is getting better. The numbers are bad and they’re really not improving.
The number of Americans claiming jobless benefits has risen for the second week running, as the US economy continues to wrestle with persistent unemployment.First-time jobless claims rose by 7,000 to 480,000, according to labour department figures on Thursday, defying expectations of Wall Street economists that they would sink. The less volatile four-week average of new claims, however, fell by 5,250 to 467,500, maintaining a healthier trajectory.
“Jobless claims join many other indicators in suggesting that the official government payroll data have been overstating the degree of improvement in the labour market,” said Joshua Shapiro, chief US economist at MFR.
Ooops! Sorry, Mr. President, we hate to break it to you but no amount of talk on caulk will fix this mess.
Follow LaborUnionReport on Twitter.
- WH planted the Code Pink Protester
- SHHH! DOJ Appealed Federal Court To Keep James Rosen Investigation Secret
- Standing Up for the Whole Bill of Rights
- Conservative Support for Gay Scouts….
- Special Prosecutor is now necessary — Holder and Lerner are criminal investigation targets
- The “Consider This!” Podcast, Episode 42: The Root Issue of the IRS Scandal, and Conservative Drive-by Graphics
- Progressives Blame WA Bridge Collapse On GOP
- Apple Computer Boo Hoo
- Stupid Liberal Quote of the Day- May 23rd Edition
- Close Guantanamo
- John McCain: This isn’t the maverick you’re looking for
- Obama Heckler Invited
- Confounding “Old-Line Republicans” Confounded
- The IRS Special Counsel
- A Warped History of Hillary Clinton
- CFBP, Protect Us From State Lotteries
- Over 300 Republicans attend 2013 Broward Lincoln Day Dinner
- Scandals Bode Ill for Dems
- Did Lerner waive her Fifth Amendment Rights?
- An Open Letter to DOJ Attorneys
- McConnell and Immigration Reform: Chicken and Waffles
- 2008 Campaign Flashback: Obama is the ‘Biggest Celebrity In The World, But Is He Ready To Lead?’
- Doctors of Death
- Why Jindal is Right To Reject Medicaid Expansion
- Why Ricky Gervais is Wrong About Prayer
- Is God For America?
- Leftists, Socialists, Communists: Lend Me Your Liberals!
- PowerTalk – The Fiscal Cliff, Debt Ceiling, The Economy & The Mood On The Floor of the NYSE
- Prayer and Daniel in Obama’s Democrat IRS Lions Den
- The IRS Weaponized
- Prayer Request for Oklahoma
- 2014: When will the Federal Government dump Federal Employee’s into Obamacare?
- Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear shows America why he doesn’t belong to Mensa
- WHITE HOUSE or “There’s No They’re There”
- Mitch McConnell Supports Schumer’s Amnesty/Immigration Deform Bill
- Immigration and Immigration Reform with former Secretary of Commerce Carlos Gutierrez
- We must ensure this never happens again
- does impeachment wait until 2014 or after?
- A rabbit hole that began with a wrestler
- Let’s Take The Long View
- Other Scandals we have forgotten
- Will big government be felled by big government overreach, arrogance and overconfidence?
- An open letter to George Will: Time to save your reputation, and possibly your soul, and quit “This Week”
- The Left – Feeble Arguments, Weak Shots, Conspiracy Theories and Zero Debate
- The Heckler and the Commentators
- Save the Utah Neighborhood Caucus and Convention Process
- Scars and Stripes: The Boston Bombing Unfurled
- Abuse of Power. Dereliction of Duty. If the shoe fits, wear it, Mr. President
- Economics is Too Focused on Math
- OBAMA BENEFITTED FROM LIES AND DECEPTION
- The Company You Keep. Common Sense Choices for Those Who Lawfully Carry a Gun.
- The Collapse of a narrative?
- Time to start talking about a Flat Tax
- The Great Wall of Obama
- Is the HHS Director Illegally Campaigning … Again?
- November 22, 1963
- Democrat Senator Baucus: More to come on IRS-gate
- White House: All Americans Can Opt-Out Of ObamaCare
- “A nickel isn’t worth a dime today”
- What will Seal the Deal against Common Core Standards in GA?
- Keeping the Constitutions
- Finally, A Bi-Partisan Solution on Term Limits
- The Thrill is Gone…and the Wheels Have Come Off (Important Updates)
- Yes, We Are Doomed… But Why?
- The Obama Scandals Aren’t About Bad Government, but Big Government
- University Commencement Speakers Lean Left
- Why the IRS will never be brought to heel
- PHOTO: F-35A Weapons Separation Test
- Proposed Changes at the Boy Scouts of America Places a Gag Order on Faith-Based Organizations [Updated Response]
- The Globalization of The RedState Gathering
- Who Gave the Order to Stand-Down and Denied Aid to Benghazi?
- 10 Questions for Obama’s Thursday Press Conference
- Broke Illinois Looking To Tax Deliveries
- NAACP Julian Bond Once Again Blames Another Organization for his Organization’s failings and shortcomings
- IRS Conducts Inquisition Against Tea Party Activists
- A Flurry of Hearings, Probes & Litigation Awaits the IRS
- The Barack H Obama Foundation Got Tax Exempt Status in Just One Month, Back in 2011.
- Does Dr. Gosnell Deserve Death Penalty for Baby Abortion Murders
- Great Education Colorado Lines Employees’ Pockets While Pushing for Higher Taxes
- Let’s all gather as we watch NOTHING happen.
- I’m #ProLife And Support The #DeathPenalty. Why Do You Ask?
- Fair Tax – Abolish the IRS
- ‘Reject These Voices’ That Warn of Big Government an Tyranny
- A Christmas Carol
- Shocked, Shocked!
- The IRS targeted Laurens County Tea Party (SC)
- Breaking News: Justice Served, Gosnell Guilty of 1st Degree Murder – OPEN THREAD
- A Verdict Doesn’t End the Gosnell Story
- Benghazi and Reddit
- Personhood Issue: Aggravated Murders vs Abortions
- IRS Apology Misleading
- Confessions of a Racist
- In Memorium: Dallas Willard (1935-2013)
- Anthony Kennedy on Adolf Hitler
- Adventures into the Alcohol Nanny State
- Let’s Talk Gay Marriage, Part 1
- Conservatism And Small Business
- KU law professor Stephen Ware interviewed on Wichita TV about Kansas’ unaccountable judiciary
- moelane: #rsrh I should send Mike Bloomberg a gift basket. http://t.co/Vj461V69IF One entirely made out of cigarettes, salty pretzels, & 32 oz Cokes.
- moelane: #rsrh QotD, Dr. Dre Has A Definite Point edition.: http://t.co/QIXirP34tw
- moelane: #rsrh So, Eric Holder. It's Friday morning.: http://t.co/AFwcDwuiZT
- moelane: #rsrh Jake Tapper: you need to worry about the administration's attacks on reporters.: http://t.co/AgBIoBj2Nn
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet/Video of the Day, This Is Why We Got Ted Cruz Elected edition. [NSFW]: http://t.co/mf4jPIBSit
- moelane: #rsrh QotD, ...*Damn*, @seantrende, That Was Cold edition.: http://t.co/Cls5vbPeh5
- cayankee: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo: ‘Shame on us’ if we elect Anthony Weiner. http://t.co/RfV3VM8vA3 #NYCmayor #RSRH
- moelane: #rsrh You know, I kind of get the feeling that Steve Lynch thinks that Ed Markey may well lose MA-SEN. http://t.co/TFLblarM51
- VladimirRS: Lions and tigers and ... Formosan termites, oh my! #rsrh http://t.co/ifKpRsgHki
- moelane: #rsrh QotD, Lamar! edition.: http://t.co/GppYfXeoMo
- moelane: #rsrh Quick poll of the readership: should Scott Walker run in '16?: http://t.co/vCY3KEfZ9F
- moelane: #rsrh At-risk Senate seats, 05/22/2013 assessment.: http://t.co/ofhRc29HvH
- moelane: #rsrh FBI agent shoots, kills person 'of interest' wrt Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev.: http://t.co/oJTfsoQisj
- RMConservative: Some say Schumer was upset when Reid won reelection. Nah..He got a better job. He's now GOP leader #rsrh
- RMConservative: It is stupefying that Republicans would grant Obama the biggest victory of his presidency while he is embroiled in scandal #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh The Nation calls out the Center for American Progress for *selling* out to corporations.: http://t.co/NHa5LRMtDu
- moelane: #rsrh For the record: I think the WH is telling the Journolisters that Eric Holder is resigning.: http://t.co/o7NyxRRJtA
- moelane: #rsrh Lois Lerner to take the Fifth tomorrow on role in IRS attacks on Tea Party.: http://t.co/610sGda1XD
- moelane: #rsrh The New York Times sub rosa declares for the Obama administration in DoJ/AP dispute.: http://t.co/CBkkG5VPVc
- RMConservative: Dems just voted against an amdt to block the refundable portion of child tax credit for *future* illegals #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh Eugene Robinson... points out troublesome behavior from Obama towards the press.: http://t.co/5M215jxCPT
- baseballcrank: IRS scandal should remind us why campaign finance 'reform' is so pernicious: it lets govt regulate politics. #rsrh
- RMConservative: Democrats just rejected an amendment to ban gang members from receiving amnesty. You can't make this stuff up #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh Oh wow this is not good news for the Obama administration.: http://t.co/z1DFaFLMJt
- RMConservative: Dems opposing amdt to block asylum status for those who return to their country just like the Boston bomber's parents #rsrh
- cayankee: Obama met with IRS union cheif the day before they targeted the TEA Party http://t.co/wDfiFPf4PR http://t.co/4XcOEk7N4J #RSRH
- cayankee: Former Georgia Secretary of State Karen Handel launches campaign for U.S. Senate. http://goo.glXlqik A fresh voice. #GAsen #RSRH
- cayankee: Unions representing 20,000 federal immigration enforcement agents oppose Senate immigration bill. http://t.co/O772pQ4faJ #cir #RSRH
- moelane: #rsrh QotD, The Thing About #Benghazi Is That It Was Sadly Predictable edition.: http://t.co/WYhI1KqYZb
- moelane: #rsrh Why Dan Pfeiffer called the law 'irrelevant.' (Spoiler: so people won't go to jail.): http://t.co/FIUsVs2hcS