Tech at Night: Comprehensive Communications Act Reform, And Why I Oppose It
A big bill is in the air. Politicians are starting to talk about passing a new Communications Act. Lobbyists are drooling at the prospect of a new Communications act. Small government activists want a new Communications act, and they give good reasons for it.
I don’t want a new Communications Act. Here’s why.
Read More »
The Deadskins and The Death of Property Rights
Property Rights Thrown For A Loss! What inventor or entrepreneur is EVER going to trust the patent office, let alone come up with a new invention ever again?HT: Captain Capitalism Well, well, well, The Thinking People are once more offended. What’s new? They don’t like Anthropogenic CO2 pollution either. I therefore offend them by breathing. Judging from the recent PTO decision | Read More »
Nearly 70% of Americans favor euthanasia
Gallup reports that 69% of Americans answer yes to the question: When a person has a disease that cannot be cured, do you think doctors should be allowed by law to end the patient’s life by some painless means if the patient and his or her family request it? At first blush, the idea that a euthanasia should be allowed seems to follow a logic. | Read More »
Paul Ryan to IRS: ‘Nobody believes you.’
That’s the central problem that the IRS has, here: A defiant IRS Commissioner on Friday refused to apologize for the loss of ex-IRS official Lois Lerner’s emails, and said the agency produced what they could, attributing their disappearance to dated technology. “I don’t think an apology is owed,” chief John Koskinen told Ways and Means Chairman Dave Camp after the Republican lawmaker asked for one | Read More »
David Brock and Journalism
David Brock is the guy who founded Media Matters for America. Not content to just take on (and declare victory against) Fox News, he has decided to launch a “journalism institute” to expose “the nexus of conservative power in Washington.” More via Dylan Byers at POLITICO: The American Independent Institute, a relaunch of the former state-based digital news-gathering network of the same name, will provide grants | Read More »
Voices in the Wilderness
As we arrive fully in the world Gertrude Himmelfarb warned us of — a world where our sexual orientation is chosen for us, but we can choose our own gender — there are fewer and fewer voices willing to be heard in the wilderness of secular insanity that envelopes us. I already know the sh-tstorm this post will cause online. The gay mafia keeps my | Read More »
The Daily Beast interviews rape victim from 1975 court case involving Hillary Clinton as defense attorney.
Hillary Clinton apparently is remarkably lacking shame for doing something that would probably have kept me up at night for a decade.
Read More »
Yesterday, President Obama gave a press conference promising that no more boots would be put on the ground in Iraq leaving us to assume the 300 special ops folks he’s sending are wearing sneakers. The press asked some very important questions that I think must be addressed regarding the tense and deadly situation in Iraq. And while there’s nothing funny about the atrocities being committed | Read More »
Obama exploits immigrant child crisis that he created
The Obama administration’s arrogance and penchant for, charitably speaking, chafing the boundaries of legality, is almost boundless. But dealing with illegal immigration turns the knob past 11. Obama’s DHS has renewed DACA, the program that allows illegal immigrant children to stay in the US, sort-of-legally. DACA created the current child-immigrant crisis, and Obama’s keen to exploit it.
Read More »
Josh Zerkle on the Battle to Strip the Redskins Trademark
On today’s edition of Coffee and Markets, Brad Jackson is joined by Josh Zerkle to discuss the Redskins trademark ruling, what this decision means for the NFL and if we will eventually see a name change for Washington’s team.
Read More »
The Media’s Insanely Inaccurate Reporting of the Scott Walker “Prosecution”
If you do a Google News search for “Scott Walker” right now, you get this list of results, which would lead you immediately to conclude that Scott Walker is in the midst of some potentially very serious legal trouble. If you click links to the stories contained beneath the glaring headlines, most of them somehow fail to contain the single most important salient fact about | Read More »
Back Scratching Politics of Mississippi
Brett Favre, a man who did not know when to quit, has cut an ad for Senator Thad Cochran, a man who has has himself stayed in his job too long. The pattern does not end there. Jenn Sterger claimed Brett Favre sent her indecent pictures and Thad Cochran has admitted to doing, in his words, “all sorts of indecent things with animals.” But the | Read More »
Hillary The Symbol Vs. Hillary The Politician
Our Next Dear Leader! Hillary Rodham Clinton has about a 60% chance of being the next President of The United States of America.* and a 40% chance of never getting elected to office again. As an icon to the Progressive Left she is unbeatable in almost any Presidential Match-up against a GOP candidate. As a living, breathing candidate; I’d be more | Read More »
Georgia Congressman Tom Graves Embraces His Role as Leadership Judas Goat
A judas goat is a trained goat used by a slaughterhouse to lead other animals to slaughter with its own life being spared. Congressman Tom Graves of Georgia, long a conservative darling in the House of Representatives, has embraced the role of judas goat for the House Republican Leadership. Within twenty-four hours of Eric Cantor’s defeat last Tuesday, two members of Congress called me and | Read More »
The Watercooler ~ Dirty Little Secrets Politicians Won’t Tell You About Illegal Immigration
Listening to politicians address what to do about illegal immigration is mind-boggling. The political posturing — using the issue as a football to jockey for more political power — leaves most Americans in the dark about what is really going on. To listen to the debate, you would think the only issue that matters is how humanely we treat the millions of people who have | Read More »