SEARCH ALL ARTICLES BY conservativepopulist:
Hello! And thank you for coming here. I've been happily married for 34 years, and have two grown kids. I have a BA in Legal Studies and a MA in Public Administration. I love politics most of all, and through my understanding of politics I have come to have a better appreciation of history, economics, and foreign & domestic policy. I play guitar some, sing well, and write songs - a few of which are well-received by others, and that I am quite proud of. I am physically disabled (heart) and I therefore retired early. I love to write - especially about the current political issues. I'm also very much a "people person", love to interaction, and very much enjoy the give and take of debate. That's… debate, not argument. I call myself a "Conservative Populist", even though at first blush that appears to be a contradiction in terms. I neither scorn nor envy those who are successful in life, and I am definitely Not against the rich. Rather, I favor reforming and opening up the economy so that Everyone, regardless of color, ethnicity, gender, age, or social status, have a better chance to achieve their dreams. When I look at any issue, I always begin from a conservative perspective. Usually, I need go no further. But, depending on the issue, I might go on to have different or original thoughts. I feel that is the natural consequence of being open-minded, and not an ideologue. Having said all that, I would be Absolutely Thrilled for America to again become, as Ronald Reagan said, that "shining city on the top of the hill". I share that vision, and it's great to associate with those who do, too. I was, and am, a strong supporter of former Gov. Mike Hukabee and the Fair Tax. And while I don't agree with him on Every Single issue, that example might be your best guide in knowing where I'm coming from. I wish to be a "good citizen" here! However, being fairly inept when it comes to the internet, I still find this site, well, shall we say a little confusing? For instance, after being here off and on for quite awhile now, I have only now discovered the "getting started" section! My goal now is to understand it completely - especially anything that refers to Rules of Behavior. I Do Not Wish To Offend Anyone, nor do Anything that reflects badly on the site. I know there is a wide divergence of opinion here. I believe we should be respectful of that, and celebrate that diversity. To me, to attack another conservative of any stripe in more than inadvisable. It is flat-out wrong. Similar to Reagan's "Eleventh Commandment", I do not wish to speak ill of another conservative. Sure, polite disagreement is fine. Going beyond that is not. Why? Because in the end, we all want the same thing: a better America. And, unlike those on the left, we know what to do in practical terms to achieve it, because history proves that what we want, works. That suits me just fine, and I promise to do my level best advance the kind of friendly and thoughtful atmosphere that should and must be the hallmark of the conservative community, and this site. Finally, after a wide variety of experiences on the internet that have ranged from disappointing to just totally disconcerting, I have been intimidated to the point that I have become private to a degree that some might characterize as "outrageous". I am extremely wary of sharing Any personal information about myself whatsoever online. Just writing the first paragraph above was actually a personal ordeal for me. Additionally, there IS a difference between being private and "hiding" bad things or not telling the truth. I fully understand that in feeling that way, it may and probably will detract from my credibility here to some extent with many and perhaps most. But since no background checks are necessary to become a member here - and appropriately so I might add, like you one cannot be completely sure whom to trust. Surely with so many members, there must be a least a few here with less than good intent. From my perspective then, I have opened up the door to my life very much for such a venue. Yet at the same time, I realize that for many what I have revealed is not enough. I regret that. But that doesn't mean that I lie, do not express myself according to my true beliefs, or am divorced from speaking from my heart. Hopefully over time, good will, good behavior, and consistency of thought will convince many of you that I am not one of those to be suspected or feared. For the rest, I fully respect Your caution, and only hope that you will feel more comfortable with me, someday. Again, many thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope you have a wonderful day.
Sorry, no results were found.
- The Watercooler ~ Just As I Am
- The Obama press conference — a smug, shameful liar on FULL display
- Week 16 Chronological Bible Reading – 2014
- Easter Weekend and the Clash of Faith versus Science
- Has Los Angeles Fallen, or Was it Pushed?
By: Inwar Resolution
- Parents Can’t Win In The Eyes Of Liberal Elites
- West Virginia’s Crony Capitalism Costs State Millions
- Will the “Gay Games” boycott Ace and Yellow Cabs?
- Happy Spring Black Friday!
- “Fixing” the Voting Rights Act
- Did Lois Lerner Want Conservatives to go to Jail?
By: Matthew Clark
- Don’t Hurt People and Don’t Take Their Stuff
- Why I can’t send my kids to public school
- This is the Real War On Women – Waged By White Progressive Women Against Women of Color
- Solar flares up
By: Marita Noon
- Obamacare Must Go Regardless of Who is Obama’s Next HHS Nominee!
By: Sen. Tim Scott
- The Watercooler ~ Heaven Is For Real Open Thread
- F-35 Fleet Surpasses 15,000 Flying Hours
- Jim Moran retires from Congress; joins the Tea Party
- Health Care: You Break It; You Pay for It
By: Michael Hammond
- Greg Walden (Wuss-OR)
By: Martin Knight
- Pennsylvania GOP Tax Increase Causes Primary Problem for House Whip Stan Saylor
- The Tea Party: More Philosophy and Less Politics
- The Liberal Media Owns This Debacle
- Senator @MaryLandrieu’s Newest Awful Ad
By: Joe Cunningham
- To Be Frank: West Virginia House Democrats Using Public Resources to Reach Voters
- My Experience with the Corrupt IRS
By: Milton Wolf
- The “Consider This!” podcast, Episode 72: Portrait of a Right-Wing Extremist
By: Doug Payton
- IRS Chief Calls for a Redo on Proposed Anti-Free Speech Tax-Exempt Rules
By: Matthew Clark
- This #TaxDay, Let’s Also Look to Rid Ourselves of Global Anti-Free Trade Tariffs
By: Seton Motley
- What’s really going on with BLM?
- When will it be enough?
- Robertson Hurls Monkeyshine At Evolution Debate
- Campaign Finance – Why the Supreme Court Got it Right
By: Danny Huizinga
- John Stone: leading the #FireBoehner charge in #GA12 *DEBATE VIDEOS
- The Real ObamaCare Scoreboard (Spoiler: The Citizens Are Losing)
- Cliven Bundy
- Picking and Choosing
By: Joe Cunningham
- Mitch McConnell can’t kill this ObamaCare defunding effort
- Lost in Space
- moelane: #rsrh Barack Obama (who campaigned against signing statements) issues signing statement. Again.: http://t.co/IzvN3SepH0
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, I Clearly Partied With The Wrong Parliamentarians edition.: http://t.co/Hc3X5dWYIF
- moelane: #rsrh I imagine Russia is much like Dr. Doom's Latveria, at times.: http://t.co/kCzET39S6t
- presjpolk: More of this please. Poland's a great start, but we need to be in the Baltics, too. http://t.co/WDbswTlGQ3 #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh NRSC: Senate map is nicely expanding for the GOP.: http://t.co/m4bPpo0D1R
- VladimirRS: Now Wind Turbines Threaten the Lesser Prairie Chicken #rsrh http://t.co/yrmrkXuz5T
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, This Map Of The Blogosphere Brings Back Memories.: http://t.co/aW9w4IOU7j
- moelane: #rsrh Charlie Crist loses new spokesman.: http://t.co/ozJcS4EHjx
- moelane: #rsrh Pro-Russian forces in eastern Ukraine start trying to register Jews. #некултурны: http://t.co/pyQrenWsr0
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, The Title Alone Is Almost Porn edition.: http://t.co/Zooyqw5BwD
- CalebHowe: John Bolton: President Reagan would be rolling over in his grave to hear Rand Paul praise him http://t.co/12RgC0kzSs #tcot #rsrh #boom
- moelane: #rsrh Ed Snowden barks on cue at Vladimir Putin's trained seal show.: http://t.co/QRi33uShDL
- CalebHowe: #GosnellMovie http://t.co/B2PwJl8cAD @greggutfeld NAILS it. @yesnicksearcy and @ksorbs set the example. #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, SWEET JEEBUS THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT BARACK OBAMA DID WITH #OBAMACARE edition: http://t.co/5CL2YBFnvf
- moelane: #rsrh Megan McArdle waxes wroth on #Obamacare Census question changes.: http://t.co/EeJq1YDRRg
- moelane: #rsrh Terry Lynn Land (R) now ahead of Gary Peters (D) in RCP average for Michigan-SEN.: http://t.co/Pzl9m86dcd