SEARCH ALL ARTICLES BY conservativepopulist:
Hello! And thank you for coming here. I've been happily married for 34 years, and have two grown kids. I have a BA in Legal Studies and a MA in Public Administration. I love politics most of all, and through my understanding of politics I have come to have a better appreciation of history, economics, and foreign & domestic policy. I play guitar some, sing well, and write songs - a few of which are well-received by others, and that I am quite proud of. I am physically disabled (heart) and I therefore retired early. I love to write - especially about the current political issues. I'm also very much a "people person", love to interaction, and very much enjoy the give and take of debate. That's… debate, not argument. I call myself a "Conservative Populist", even though at first blush that appears to be a contradiction in terms. I neither scorn nor envy those who are successful in life, and I am definitely Not against the rich. Rather, I favor reforming and opening up the economy so that Everyone, regardless of color, ethnicity, gender, age, or social status, have a better chance to achieve their dreams. When I look at any issue, I always begin from a conservative perspective. Usually, I need go no further. But, depending on the issue, I might go on to have different or original thoughts. I feel that is the natural consequence of being open-minded, and not an ideologue. Having said all that, I would be Absolutely Thrilled for America to again become, as Ronald Reagan said, that "shining city on the top of the hill". I share that vision, and it's great to associate with those who do, too. I was, and am, a strong supporter of former Gov. Mike Hukabee and the Fair Tax. And while I don't agree with him on Every Single issue, that example might be your best guide in knowing where I'm coming from. I wish to be a "good citizen" here! However, being fairly inept when it comes to the internet, I still find this site, well, shall we say a little confusing? For instance, after being here off and on for quite awhile now, I have only now discovered the "getting started" section! My goal now is to understand it completely - especially anything that refers to Rules of Behavior. I Do Not Wish To Offend Anyone, nor do Anything that reflects badly on the site. I know there is a wide divergence of opinion here. I believe we should be respectful of that, and celebrate that diversity. To me, to attack another conservative of any stripe in more than inadvisable. It is flat-out wrong. Similar to Reagan's "Eleventh Commandment", I do not wish to speak ill of another conservative. Sure, polite disagreement is fine. Going beyond that is not. Why? Because in the end, we all want the same thing: a better America. And, unlike those on the left, we know what to do in practical terms to achieve it, because history proves that what we want, works. That suits me just fine, and I promise to do my level best advance the kind of friendly and thoughtful atmosphere that should and must be the hallmark of the conservative community, and this site. Finally, after a wide variety of experiences on the internet that have ranged from disappointing to just totally disconcerting, I have been intimidated to the point that I have become private to a degree that some might characterize as "outrageous". I am extremely wary of sharing Any personal information about myself whatsoever online. Just writing the first paragraph above was actually a personal ordeal for me. Additionally, there IS a difference between being private and "hiding" bad things or not telling the truth. I fully understand that in feeling that way, it may and probably will detract from my credibility here to some extent with many and perhaps most. But since no background checks are necessary to become a member here - and appropriately so I might add, like you one cannot be completely sure whom to trust. Surely with so many members, there must be a least a few here with less than good intent. From my perspective then, I have opened up the door to my life very much for such a venue. Yet at the same time, I realize that for many what I have revealed is not enough. I regret that. But that doesn't mean that I lie, do not express myself according to my true beliefs, or am divorced from speaking from my heart. Hopefully over time, good will, good behavior, and consistency of thought will convince many of you that I am not one of those to be suspected or feared. For the rest, I fully respect Your caution, and only hope that you will feel more comfortable with me, someday. Again, many thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope you have a wonderful day.
Sorry, no results were found.
- Thomas Perez Wants Shared Prosperity
- GLOBALBOLA.COM AGEN BOLA ONLINE SBOBET IBCBET TERBAIK TERBESAR DAN TERPERCAYA DI INDONESIA
- 855online.com AGEN BOLA SBOBET IBCBET CASINO 338A TANGKAS TOGEL ONLINE INDONESIA TERPERCAYA
- Ann Coulter’s version of Christianity- aka political Christianity
- Why the Welfare State Isn’t Well and It Isn’t Fair
- Midterm Races in Connecticut and New Hampshire
- War On Terror: We Need To Finish The Job
By: Candice Lanier
- Why is there no conservative version of Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, or Colbert?
- Jaylen Fryberg, WA School Shooter: Where Was Grace?
By: Steve Berman
- Obama’s Trying To Kill The SBA, Who’s Trying To Stop Him
By: Lloyd Chapman
- Open Thread- DHS Should be Too Busy to Go on a Panty Raid. But They’re Not.
- Cultural Vertigo and Christian Persecution in America
- A Tale of Two Michigan Campaigns
- Federal Court Puts Road Block in the Way of Justice for Conservatives Targeted by the IRS
- Common Core Not State Led – Here’s Proof
- Michelle Nunn Doesn’t Understand Basic Economics
- Wendy Davis is NOT running the worst campaign ever.
- Midterm Races in Wisconsin
- OLB365.com agen judi bola online, agen judi casino Online indonesia terpercaya
- 50 Years Later, The Message is Still The Same
- The Capitol and White House are Racist Icons, Because Diversity
By: Steve Berman
- Heritage Action Score Percentiles of Republican Senators, 2011-2014
- Income Inequality
- Canada Comes Face to Face with ISIS and Radical Islamic Jihadist Terror
- Midterm Races in Maine and Massachusetts
- Houston, You’ve Got a Problem: It’s Called Islam and Your Lesbian Mayor Ignores the Reality that Lesbians Rank High on Islam’s Hit List
- Natalie Tennant Violates Her Own Election Laws…Again!
- The Truth About Maness
- Midterm Races in Florida
- Follow the Money: Apple Inc.
By: Chris Walker
- Win for Electoral Integrity: Supreme Court Refuses Obama Attempt to Block Texas Voter ID Law
- The Obama Administration’s Ebola Message Needs To Be Quarantined
- Midterm Races in Kentucky
- Week 42 Chronological Bible Reading & Week 19 New Testament Readings
- Why Rep. Michaud Has No Business Running for Governor
- Ebola: An excuse for racism?
- Obama needs 34 million work permits for what?
- Pakistan Sentences Christian Mom Asia Bibi to Death for “Blasphemy” over a Cup of Water
- How do YOU get the word out about the Precinct Strategy?
- Six Years and Out: It’s Time to Change the Four-Year Presidential Term
By: Myra Adams
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet/Picture of the Day, The Symbolism Should Be Obvious edition.: http://t.co/WIdEYgGcSG
- moelane: #rsrh Excuse me, Hillary Clinton: the earth revolves around the sun, Marxism is bad, & businesses create jobs.: http://t.co/antM3ScKph
- Aaron_RS: RT @moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, That's Not A Good Thing To Say During A Gubernatorial Debate edition.: http://t.co/uXLqnoO5Im
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, That's Not A Good Thing To Say During A Gubernatorial Debate edition.: http://t.co/uXLqnoO5Im
- moelane: #rsrh Here's *my* comment, @American_Bridge: HAHAHA PWN3D, LUZER.: http://t.co/QiQMooGw9E
- moelane: #rsrh Wait, is Tom Wolf (D CAND, Pennsylvania-GOV) in trouble?: http://t.co/s05wmZXTe5
- moelane: #rsrh Sean Haugh: the pro-pot, antiwar candidate for North Carolina Senate.: http://t.co/GqsS5xdmsl
- streiffredstate: Kathryn Ruemmler,Solyndra friend and Obama toadie withdraws name for AG http://t.co/iXaXlQA5BM #rsrh
- streiffredstate: Holy Crap. @AnthonyWeiner is at it again. Won't he ever learn http://t.co/KRlbPswzyX #rsrh
- streiffredstate: Mali reports its first case of Ebola http://t.co/PqUMRP0Ifb #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, READ THIS IF YOU ARE A REPUBLICAN edition.: http://t.co/dF51dHD91h
- streiffredstate: @SarahPalinUSA endorses independent/dem ticket for governor http://t.co/TWfzPkGasx #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh AP-GfK: 9% of voters enthusiastic about Barack Obama.: http://t.co/TjR9iGcgaH
- moelane: #rsrh Marvel's Age of Ultron counter-leak gambit.: http://t.co/C4UDg54qsV
- moelane: #rsrh Mary Landrieu is losing, but it's not DOOM.: http://t.co/gY2c9Nvon7
- moelane: #rsrh Annnnd the Democrats need to teach their staffers not to casually insult African-Americans and Latinos. http://t.co/kAzhJ40H8O
- streiffredstate: 6 things Michelle Obama Likes About You... and this is not an ad for penis enlargement http://t.co/F5CMwHmcSu #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh On the 'margin of fraud.': http://t.co/UiJWUOs6zs
- streiffredstate: All animals are equal, some are more equal than others. Socialist push for $20/hr min wage and hire at $13/hr. http://t.co/EA9iP3gHSc #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh White House tries to help Bruce Bailey in his gubernatorial bid... Oh, God, STOP it.: http://t.co/QWbJbdsmHr
- moelane: #rsrh This is not exactly a Tweet of the Day...: http://t.co/wMxCkD3Smh
- streiffredstate: Soviets good. America bad. Berlin Wall necessary. Up is down. We've always been at war with Eastasia. http://t.co/4JDbfkEkap #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, The Democrats Now Just Counting The Days edition.: http://t.co/tL8wOjUQMM
- streiffredstate: .@abbyhaglage thinks Ebola=AIDS. Idiot. No similarity in problem or response. http://t.co/J5WrmuGOqa #rsrh
- streiffredstate: Putin misplaces another submarine. This one in Swedish waters. http://t.co/TpNwBnu3ea #rsrh