SEARCH ALL ARTICLES BY conservativepopulist:
Hello! And thank you for coming here. I've been happily married for 34 years, and have two grown kids. I have a BA in Legal Studies and a MA in Public Administration. I love politics most of all, and through my understanding of politics I have come to have a better appreciation of history, economics, and foreign & domestic policy. I play guitar some, sing well, and write songs - a few of which are well-received by others, and that I am quite proud of. I am physically disabled (heart) and I therefore retired early. I love to write - especially about the current political issues. I'm also very much a "people person", love to interaction, and very much enjoy the give and take of debate. That's… debate, not argument. I call myself a "Conservative Populist", even though at first blush that appears to be a contradiction in terms. I neither scorn nor envy those who are successful in life, and I am definitely Not against the rich. Rather, I favor reforming and opening up the economy so that Everyone, regardless of color, ethnicity, gender, age, or social status, have a better chance to achieve their dreams. When I look at any issue, I always begin from a conservative perspective. Usually, I need go no further. But, depending on the issue, I might go on to have different or original thoughts. I feel that is the natural consequence of being open-minded, and not an ideologue. Having said all that, I would be Absolutely Thrilled for America to again become, as Ronald Reagan said, that "shining city on the top of the hill". I share that vision, and it's great to associate with those who do, too. I was, and am, a strong supporter of former Gov. Mike Hukabee and the Fair Tax. And while I don't agree with him on Every Single issue, that example might be your best guide in knowing where I'm coming from. I wish to be a "good citizen" here! However, being fairly inept when it comes to the internet, I still find this site, well, shall we say a little confusing? For instance, after being here off and on for quite awhile now, I have only now discovered the "getting started" section! My goal now is to understand it completely - especially anything that refers to Rules of Behavior. I Do Not Wish To Offend Anyone, nor do Anything that reflects badly on the site. I know there is a wide divergence of opinion here. I believe we should be respectful of that, and celebrate that diversity. To me, to attack another conservative of any stripe in more than inadvisable. It is flat-out wrong. Similar to Reagan's "Eleventh Commandment", I do not wish to speak ill of another conservative. Sure, polite disagreement is fine. Going beyond that is not. Why? Because in the end, we all want the same thing: a better America. And, unlike those on the left, we know what to do in practical terms to achieve it, because history proves that what we want, works. That suits me just fine, and I promise to do my level best advance the kind of friendly and thoughtful atmosphere that should and must be the hallmark of the conservative community, and this site. Finally, after a wide variety of experiences on the internet that have ranged from disappointing to just totally disconcerting, I have been intimidated to the point that I have become private to a degree that some might characterize as "outrageous". I am extremely wary of sharing Any personal information about myself whatsoever online. Just writing the first paragraph above was actually a personal ordeal for me. Additionally, there IS a difference between being private and "hiding" bad things or not telling the truth. I fully understand that in feeling that way, it may and probably will detract from my credibility here to some extent with many and perhaps most. But since no background checks are necessary to become a member here - and appropriately so I might add, like you one cannot be completely sure whom to trust. Surely with so many members, there must be a least a few here with less than good intent. From my perspective then, I have opened up the door to my life very much for such a venue. Yet at the same time, I realize that for many what I have revealed is not enough. I regret that. But that doesn't mean that I lie, do not express myself according to my true beliefs, or am divorced from speaking from my heart. Hopefully over time, good will, good behavior, and consistency of thought will convince many of you that I am not one of those to be suspected or feared. For the rest, I fully respect Your caution, and only hope that you will feel more comfortable with me, someday. Again, many thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope you have a wonderful day.
Sorry, no results were found.
- Why I now question the wisdom of a Trump vote. And why Carly Fiorina is looking better and better.
By: Paul Joseph
- Society’s Difficulties Cause By Sin
By: Marty Koval
- Why Trump has done so well in the polls- My thoughts
- The Battle for the 2016 House- August Edition
- The Emperor’s New Boobs
By: Abu Binat
- Why Donald trump is right about anchor babies and the 14th amendment.
By: Paul Joseph
- Carly Fiorina Plays the Victim Card
- Why Carly Fiorina might actually be far better off NOT making the prime time CNN debate
- Planned Parenthood Needs Your Support
- Will Obama Surrender Guantanamo?
- President Biden Would Be Obama’s “Medvedev”
- 1508 Some Boundaries Cannot Be Crossed
By: Robert Ashby
- Our President is Delusional
- MERCENARIES vs. MISSIONARIES
By: Ed Willing
- We Need a New Republican Party
By: Conrad Close
- Big Brother HUD Decides Your Property Value and Your Neighbors
- Why does Planned Parenthood want to hear David Daleiden pee?
- North Korea Emails Suggest Clinton Foundation Collusion at State
By: Steve Berman
- Joe Biden IS running for President….(but just not right at this moment)
- The Champion Behind Texas Fetal Pain
- Our Immigration System Is Not Broken
- The Battle for the Senate- 2016: August Happenings in Review
- Trump has supported nearly all of Obama’s economic policy agenda
- Why Young People Fall Into The Bernie Sander’s Trap
- Ann Coulter has completely lost her mind….and apparently so have a lot of conservatives.
- A Principled Argument Dooms Chaffetz’s Internet Gaming Ban Legislation
- On Rick Perry, the Consultant Class, the Press Corps and Getting To The Big Boy Debates
By: Martin Knight
- China is Not a Free Market
- McConnell and Boehner plan preemptive surrender to baby killers
- Russia is a World Cancer.
- It’s More Than Just ‘Evil’, There’s A Malevolence At Work
By: Steve Berman
- GOP Presidential Betting Odds: Has the Debate Changed the Equation?
- The American dream! Jimmy Carter ??
By: Jane Miceli
- Killed in Airstrike: Top ISIS Hacker On Pentagon Hit List Who Threatened Attacks on US Military
By: Candice Lanier
- Quit Publicizing The #WDBJ Killers Snuff Video
By: Ulysses Arn
- Democrats Call on Obama to Bring in Muslim Refugees—But not Christians
- Abortion And Fossil Fuels…Are They Joined At The Hip?
- #AllLivesMatter, Folks
By: Conrad Close
- Honorably Recharged: How Rick Perry Became My Standard
By: Ed Willing
- Protected: Trump is getting scary – I’ll take Carson
- moelane: #rsrh A PSA for anybody reading this Daily Beast article on Hillary Clinton and guns.: http://t.co/LW14Ye69Ef
- moelane: #rsrh "Hillbry?" Who on Team Clinton thought that this was clever? And can we get that person promoted? http://t.co/KRggyGFQKV
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, ...Is This All That Hillary Clinton Has? edition: http://t.co/NfRA7nCsMG
- moelane: #rsrh @charlescwcooke: So, you Lefties want to repeal the Second Amendment, huh?: http://t.co/PqbkAyH5SG
- moelane: #rsrh George W. Bush.: http://t.co/EGOBX7FpAn
- moelane: #rsrh This @ShoreDems tweet tells you just how scared the Democrats are getting right now.: http://t.co/dIabkbZ7V6
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, That's... Not What She Thinks, Surely? edition.: http://t.co/alYWecTaBC
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, A Democratic Veep Has A BIG Problem edition.: http://t.co/lRR1XSwmxd
- moelane: #rsrh How I generally react to the latest DNC/DCCC lunatic fundraising emails.: http://t.co/AGZhJCp243
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, Does Hoplophobia Cause Brain Damage? edition.: http://t.co/m7e4Vj4L6B
- moelane: #rsrh Kansas and South Carolina decline to passively accept Gitmo detainees.: http://t.co/rzLqIgBldc
- moelane: #rsrh Maine-SEN: Gov. Paul LePage considering '18 run.: http://t.co/dr4b0yEyFF
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, This Is An Excellent Campaign Strategy edition.: http://t.co/GWRIhVGISz
- moelane: #rsrh So, the guy who murdered those two news people killed himself.: http://t.co/SyyGLX4JD4