SEARCH ALL ARTICLES BY conservativepopulist:
Hello! And thank you for coming here. I've been happily married for 34 years, and have two grown kids. I have a BA in Legal Studies and a MA in Public Administration. I love politics most of all, and through my understanding of politics I have come to have a better appreciation of history, economics, and foreign & domestic policy. I play guitar some, sing well, and write songs - a few of which are well-received by others, and that I am quite proud of. I am physically disabled (heart) and I therefore retired early. I love to write - especially about the current political issues. I'm also very much a "people person", love to interaction, and very much enjoy the give and take of debate. That's… debate, not argument. I call myself a "Conservative Populist", even though at first blush that appears to be a contradiction in terms. I neither scorn nor envy those who are successful in life, and I am definitely Not against the rich. Rather, I favor reforming and opening up the economy so that Everyone, regardless of color, ethnicity, gender, age, or social status, have a better chance to achieve their dreams. When I look at any issue, I always begin from a conservative perspective. Usually, I need go no further. But, depending on the issue, I might go on to have different or original thoughts. I feel that is the natural consequence of being open-minded, and not an ideologue. Having said all that, I would be Absolutely Thrilled for America to again become, as Ronald Reagan said, that "shining city on the top of the hill". I share that vision, and it's great to associate with those who do, too. I was, and am, a strong supporter of former Gov. Mike Hukabee and the Fair Tax. And while I don't agree with him on Every Single issue, that example might be your best guide in knowing where I'm coming from. I wish to be a "good citizen" here! However, being fairly inept when it comes to the internet, I still find this site, well, shall we say a little confusing? For instance, after being here off and on for quite awhile now, I have only now discovered the "getting started" section! My goal now is to understand it completely - especially anything that refers to Rules of Behavior. I Do Not Wish To Offend Anyone, nor do Anything that reflects badly on the site. I know there is a wide divergence of opinion here. I believe we should be respectful of that, and celebrate that diversity. To me, to attack another conservative of any stripe in more than inadvisable. It is flat-out wrong. Similar to Reagan's "Eleventh Commandment", I do not wish to speak ill of another conservative. Sure, polite disagreement is fine. Going beyond that is not. Why? Because in the end, we all want the same thing: a better America. And, unlike those on the left, we know what to do in practical terms to achieve it, because history proves that what we want, works. That suits me just fine, and I promise to do my level best advance the kind of friendly and thoughtful atmosphere that should and must be the hallmark of the conservative community, and this site. Finally, after a wide variety of experiences on the internet that have ranged from disappointing to just totally disconcerting, I have been intimidated to the point that I have become private to a degree that some might characterize as "outrageous". I am extremely wary of sharing Any personal information about myself whatsoever online. Just writing the first paragraph above was actually a personal ordeal for me. Additionally, there IS a difference between being private and "hiding" bad things or not telling the truth. I fully understand that in feeling that way, it may and probably will detract from my credibility here to some extent with many and perhaps most. But since no background checks are necessary to become a member here - and appropriately so I might add, like you one cannot be completely sure whom to trust. Surely with so many members, there must be a least a few here with less than good intent. From my perspective then, I have opened up the door to my life very much for such a venue. Yet at the same time, I realize that for many what I have revealed is not enough. I regret that. But that doesn't mean that I lie, do not express myself according to my true beliefs, or am divorced from speaking from my heart. Hopefully over time, good will, good behavior, and consistency of thought will convince many of you that I am not one of those to be suspected or feared. For the rest, I fully respect Your caution, and only hope that you will feel more comfortable with me, someday. Again, many thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope you have a wonderful day.
Sorry, no results were found.
- Media Amnesty Polling – Fabricating the Herd Mentality
- BREAKING: Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision
- Surprise: 30,000 “Lost” Lois Lerner IRS Emails Turn Up
- HRC Founder’s Former Lover Also Arrested
- The Power of Satire – President Obama’s Lawlessness Excoriated on SNL
- Marita Noon: Dear Northeast, How’s that solar working out for ya?
By: Marita Noon
- Remember When an Imperial Presidency was a Bad Thing?
- What the elections tell us about state governments and their constituents
- Ten Lessons From the Bush Administration
By: Dan McLaughlin
- It’s not Just the Infernal Lying; It’s Those Dolts on Watters’ World
- How Many Lies Have Democrats Told To Sabotage The War on Terror?
By: David Horowitz
- The Proper Executive Order
- The Duggars: 150 Thousand Haters and Counting
- Will the Constitution King Barack the Transformer?
- Iran’s Nukes – Israel Reconsiders The Use of Force
By: Candice Lanier
- Former DC Mayor Marion Berry dead at 78
- Better Citizens Take Care of Their Families
- This Means War
By: Josh Hammer
- Britain Hasn’t Been Invaded Since 1066, Until Now, Its Response: Same as in 1935
- My simple idea for immigration reform
- Ben Carson is getting really, REALLY bad advice
- Mark Kirk: Rand Paul And Ted Cruz Running For President Would Hurt IL GOP
By: Ulysses Arn
- More Fuzzy Math: Admin Included Dental Plans to Boost Obamacare Numbers — But Didn’t Tell Anyone
- Ignorance and Misunderstanding in the Age of Obama’s Amnesty
- The Real Cost of Obama’s High Crimes and Misdemeanors
- 2016 – An Outsider’s Handicapping
- Call Obama’s Bluff And Fix The Immigration Problem
- Boycott the State of the Union: An Absence of Followers is an Absence of Leadership
- November 20, 2014 – The day the Constitution died
- Obama and the Democrat Autocracy perpetuating political power
- Conservative Groups’ Opposition to Adelson Gaming Ban Piles Up
- How the 2016 gop nominee can use the issues of energy and immigration to win over latinos and beat Hillary
- AG Holder Urging Police Restraint in Ferguson
- Sheldon Adelson’s misguided gambit on online gambling and its offshoots
- Obama Administration Grubered Americans on ObamaCare Enrollment
- The Meaning of “Discretion”
- Democratic answer to illegal immigration – crush the economic incentive to come here
- Red Tape: An American Institution
- The Hilarious Stupidity of Obama’s Executive Order
- What can be done about an out of control president?
- CalebHowe: RT @cayankee: Don't miss Bruce Thorton's "Obama the Tyrant. http://t.co/rscYRfOJuD well worth reading. #tcot #ccot #RSRH
- cayankee: Don't miss Bruce Thorton's "Obama the Tyrant. http://t.co/rscYRfOJuD well worth reading. #tcot #ccot #RSRH
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the day, I. CANNOT. WAIT. edition.: http://t.co/Wc0O6vxrTm
- moelane: #rsrh Also: we told you so. http://t.co/xe78wONPhc The guy was endorsed by *Louis Farrakhan*, for goodness' sake.
- moelane: #rsrh Even the liberal WaPo Fact Checker has to give this one four Pinocchios: http://t.co/GapBGqRSUt
- moelane: #rsrh :raised eyebrow: Chuck Hagel stepping down as SecDef.: http://t.co/zuvcupJyka
- moelane: #rsrh There will be no place in the Republican party for Jim Webb.: http://t.co/ngkiS1Z5mh
- Aaron_RS: If you aren’t sure what the #RSWB is all about, check out this short promo video. http://t.co/CHLtxNJd8T #rstv #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh Will Gov-elect Bill Walker ("I"-Alaska) flunk his first test?: http://t.co/DrcwpnfWWM
- moelane: #rsrh There's actually a pretty big silver lining in that Obamacare cloud.: http://t.co/TFVcWNJVAL
- moelane: #rsrh Ah, that yearned-for 90% marginal tax rate.: http://t.co/nh2dTiw80c
- moelane: #rsrh Amusing thought about how 2014 hurt 2020 for the Democrats.: http://t.co/pE6Su5asJV
- moelane: #rsrh Something that many of my readers probably don't want to hear about Chris Christie.: http://t.co/S9y2Jq0USF
- Aaron_RS: RT @CalebHowe: Snark Factor Immigration MST3K Edition http://t.co/SR0VxCLXxG via @ftr__radio #rsrh #LOL
- CalebHowe: Snark Factor Immigration MST3K Edition http://t.co/SR0VxCLXxG via @ftr__radio #rsrh #LOL
- cayankee: Will Boehner expand suit over Obama's abuse of executive powers to cover #Bamnessty? http://t.co/4f1QYhVdhb #RSRH
- cayankee: If you don't watch Spanish language TV, Obama doesn't want you watching his extra-legal amnesty speech. http://t.co/7ga1BbX98Z #RSRH