SEARCH ALL ARTICLES BY Tim Huelskamp:
Tim was born near and raised on the family farm in Fowler, Kansas. Pioneered by his grandparents Martin and Clara in 1925, the farm operation includes raising corn, cattle, wheat, milo, soybeans and kids. There Tim learned the value of hard work and personal responsibility, a strong family life and the essentials of his Catholic Christian faith. Tim attended elementary and high school in Fowler and was involved in a wide range of school activities both academic and athletic. He earned many awards including High School Valedictorian, State Scholar, All-League Honors in Football and Speech, and Farm Bureau Youth Leader. As a member of St. Anthony's Parish, he was active as a youth leader in his parish and diocese. He also learned many business and leadership skills through his extensive involvement in both 4-H and Future Farmers of America. Tim used these skills to begin his own small farming operation during these years. Following high school, Tim attended a seminary in Santa Fe, New Mexico and pursued his bachelor's degree in social science education at the College of Santa Fe. During his college years, Tim gained insight into governmental budgeting as a budget and legislative analyst for the State of New Mexico. Teaching positions in public and private high schools, plus working in a program for disadvantaged youth were also critical experiences. He earned many academic awards and scholarships during his undergraduate studies including Summa Cum Laude graduation and Most Outstanding Graduate. Tim's volunteer activities during college included working in soup kitchens, developing pro-life support activities, and working with troubled Native American youth. After his undergraduate education, Tim accepted a scholarship to pursue doctoral studies at The American University in Washington, D.C. Studying political science with a specialization in agriculture policy, he completed his Ph.D. there in four years. During his time at American University, Tim met his wife Angela and together they were active in assisting women in crisis pregnancies. Additionally, Tim was busy as a college instructor teaching public policy and working as a statistical analyst. Upon graduation, Tim and Angela turned down various job offers and decided to return home to farm, ranch and raise a family in Fowler. Tim was first elected to the Kansas Senate in 1996, the youngest senator elected in twenty years. Serving on a variety of committees has allowed him insight into many areas of the state, the economy and government: Agriculture, Energy & Natural Resources, Education, Elections & Local Government, and Joint Committee on Information Technology. Tim has been re-elected by his constituents three times by wide margins in 2000, 2004 and 2008. Since being elected to the Senate, Tim and Angela have adopted four children: Natasha, Rebecca, Athan and Alexander. Both girls are from Haiti, while the two boys were already Americans. Tim enjoys working in his church and remains involved as a lector and usher. He also continues to enjoy involvement in various civic organizations, hunting, playing sports with his kids, and reading with the family. Meanwhile, Angela continues to work promoting and fostering adoptions.
Sorry, no results were found.
- Has Toni Morrison Solved the Racial Problem?
By: Katherine Harms
- (At Least) Three Reasons Why Government Being in the Broadband Business is a Terrible Idea
By: Seton Motley
- The Gaystapo and the difference between Joseph Stalin and Adolph Hitler…
- The Priority of Fetal Personhood
- The Supreme Court Term to Date
- Bullies be Gone! OPT-OUT of Standardized Testing!
- Judging by the body language and facial expressions of George Stephanopoulous and Lanny Davis, Hillary is in deep doo-doo.
- LGBT Moral Equivalence: Making a Pizza = Beheading
- Remember the “reset button” – Russian hackers sure do, they’re using it
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership and Politics
- Doctors will be made to care
- The Culture War Isn’t About You
- While You Slept II: Russia Dominates the Eastern Mediterranean
- Gaystapo Takes No Prisoners: GoFundMe Torpedoes Sweet Cakes
- March for Marriage 2015 is Today!
- If It Isn’t America First What Is It?
- Knowing Your Audience Wins The Election
- Our first rodeo?
- A Change of Face in Georgia
- States Tackle Lawsuit Reform as a Way Toward a Stronger Economy
- The GOP Senate Caves Again and Calls It a Victory
- Gay Marriage: The Left’s Pink Herring
By: Mark Meed
- “So we will never fight again”
- Harry Reid in a Skirt
By: Michael Hammond
- Hillary Blaming It All On Bill?
- Corporate Personhood: Standing Between Capitalism and Socialism
- Paging Mr. Deace; Mr. Steve Deace
By: MITCH REED
- What do we need them for?
- Frat boys spit on, throw beer bottles at wounded warriors
- The Coronation Will Be Ruined, Again
By: Ulysses Arn
- Ready for Carly
- Stop Me Before I Vote Again
- The Armenian Genocide In Photos
By: Candice Lanier
- What Good Are Principles If You Won’t Stick To Them?
By: Buzz Brockway
- Follow the Money: Earth Day 2015
By: Chris Walker
- Presidential Candidates not addressing the rise of the machines
- MSNBC: “Taxes for Thee, Not for Me”
- Shakedown 101: The Campus Speaking Tour of a Convicted Fraudster
By: Erik Telford
- The Supreme Court, Gay Marriage and History
- On Foriegn Policy, Rand Paul’s plan is more ‘leading from behind’… Just without the leading part & more ‘behind’…
By: David Acklam
- cayankee: Elizabeth Warren isn't running, but she's Hillary Clinton's biggest Democratic threat. http://t.co/s7JtFuxQlL #2016 #RSRH
- moelane: #rsrh Wisconsin DA John Chisholm's mouth writes checks that his ego can't cash.: http://t.co/CDfB7mz7V9
- CalebHowe: Gov Larry Hogan has chance to withdraw MD students from PARCC testing & bring education back to our schools. http://t.co/zw1NP8KxMB #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh BTW, MSNBC & NYT make fun of MMFA. ...LOL.: http://t.co/SfpU9D475W
- moelane: #rsrh Somebody needs to ask Hillary Clinton if she thinks that couple should be fined $135K for not baking a cake. http://t.co/Owx6JJQfVO
- moelane: #rsrh My one-point program for fixing the White House Correspondents Associates Dinner.: http://t.co/1Nisklna7F
- moelane: #rsrh The Italians did those jihadis a favor.: http://t.co/RmnrcSjvsB
- moelane: #rsrh I wonder if Hillary Clinton still thinks that it takes a village to raise a child. http://t.co/CFgG3VUB7O
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, Sing It, Brother @Charleswcooke edition.: http://t.co/yIMrfFtN9p
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, The Antiwar Movement Lacks The Right To Lecture Us edition.: http://t.co/9ioxmt94v1
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, They Celebrate Earth Day In Style In Wisconsin edition.: http://t.co/p7GZY3H3Xj
- moelane: #rsrh Bets on when this @EricBoehlert Doofus-Tweet gets deleted?: http://t.co/MMJOC6v57G