SEARCH ALL ARTICLES BY Tim Huelskamp:
Tim was born near and raised on the family farm in Fowler, Kansas. Pioneered by his grandparents Martin and Clara in 1925, the farm operation includes raising corn, cattle, wheat, milo, soybeans and kids. There Tim learned the value of hard work and personal responsibility, a strong family life and the essentials of his Catholic Christian faith. Tim attended elementary and high school in Fowler and was involved in a wide range of school activities both academic and athletic. He earned many awards including High School Valedictorian, State Scholar, All-League Honors in Football and Speech, and Farm Bureau Youth Leader. As a member of St. Anthony's Parish, he was active as a youth leader in his parish and diocese. He also learned many business and leadership skills through his extensive involvement in both 4-H and Future Farmers of America. Tim used these skills to begin his own small farming operation during these years. Following high school, Tim attended a seminary in Santa Fe, New Mexico and pursued his bachelor's degree in social science education at the College of Santa Fe. During his college years, Tim gained insight into governmental budgeting as a budget and legislative analyst for the State of New Mexico. Teaching positions in public and private high schools, plus working in a program for disadvantaged youth were also critical experiences. He earned many academic awards and scholarships during his undergraduate studies including Summa Cum Laude graduation and Most Outstanding Graduate. Tim's volunteer activities during college included working in soup kitchens, developing pro-life support activities, and working with troubled Native American youth. After his undergraduate education, Tim accepted a scholarship to pursue doctoral studies at The American University in Washington, D.C. Studying political science with a specialization in agriculture policy, he completed his Ph.D. there in four years. During his time at American University, Tim met his wife Angela and together they were active in assisting women in crisis pregnancies. Additionally, Tim was busy as a college instructor teaching public policy and working as a statistical analyst. Upon graduation, Tim and Angela turned down various job offers and decided to return home to farm, ranch and raise a family in Fowler. Tim was first elected to the Kansas Senate in 1996, the youngest senator elected in twenty years. Serving on a variety of committees has allowed him insight into many areas of the state, the economy and government: Agriculture, Energy & Natural Resources, Education, Elections & Local Government, and Joint Committee on Information Technology. Tim has been re-elected by his constituents three times by wide margins in 2000, 2004 and 2008. Since being elected to the Senate, Tim and Angela have adopted four children: Natasha, Rebecca, Athan and Alexander. Both girls are from Haiti, while the two boys were already Americans. Tim enjoys working in his church and remains involved as a lector and usher. He also continues to enjoy involvement in various civic organizations, hunting, playing sports with his kids, and reading with the family. Meanwhile, Angela continues to work promoting and fostering adoptions.
Sorry, no results were found.
- November 20, 2014 – The day the Constitution died
- Obama and the Democrat Autocracy perpetuating political power
- Conservative Groups’ Opposition to Adelson Gaming Ban Piles Up
- Secession. A Viable Option?
- How the 2016 gop nominee can use the issues of energy and immigration to win over latinos and beat Hillary
- AG Holder Urging Police Restraint in Ferguson
- Sheldon Adelson’s misguided gambit on online gambling and its offshoots
- Obama Administration Grubered Americans on ObamaCare Enrollment
By: Matthew Clark
- The Meaning of “Discretion”
- Democratic answer to illegal immigration – crush the economic incentive to come here
- Red Tape: An American Institution
- The Hilarious Stupidity of Obama’s Executive Order
- What can be done about an out of control president?
- I Don’t Believe Obama on Immigration
- The Party of the Future
- Open Thread- Wake Up and Smell the Café Hispanics and OTMs! You’re Being Punked. I Offer Up a Republican Solution.
- Understanding Obama, the “Triple A”
- “Play by The Rules”
- Call Obama’s Bluff on Immigration
- Amnesty: Illegal, Immoral, and Inhumane
- Americans Can Still Be Thankful Next Week
- What would God say to us if we asked Him about climate change and our role in it?
- Barack Obama: Democrat Savior
- The Liberal Conundrum
- Millennial Gay Speaks Out About His Support of Conservatism
- If Obama’s Executive Order Breaches The Constitution, Why Can’t Boehner And McConnell Ask ICE & The Border Patrol To Disobey It?
By: Martin Knight
- Follow the Money: Keystone XL Pipeline
By: Chris Walker
- Obama’s Executive Amnesty Should Be Meet With Articles Of Impeachment
By: Ulysses Arn
- Jeff Sessions – To be removed from his budget comittee position!
- Executive Amnesty? What about ‘Executive Right-to-Work’?
- Obama Adviser Al Sharpton has Over $4.5 Million in Unpaid Taxes
- Executive Amnesty is Really Being Implemented in Order to Save Obamacare
- Gun Sales Rise As Ferguson Braces For Grand Jury Decision
- There Are No Strangers When You’re Having His Baby
- In praise of Rep Joe Wilson (R-SC); to date the only elected Republican to call Obama what he is: a liar
- Amanda Marcotte is a Big Dumb Jerk
- Eliminating the Unfair White Tax Penalty
- Gubernatorial Elections and the Message on Taxes
- CNN Mistakes Jerusalem Synagogue Attack as Mosque Attack
- moelane: #rsrh Amusing thought about how 2014 hurt 2020 for the Democrats.: http://t.co/pE6Su5asJV
- moelane: #rsrh Something that many of my readers probably don't want to hear about Chris Christie.: http://t.co/S9y2Jq0USF
- Aaron_RS: RT @CalebHowe: Snark Factor Immigration MST3K Edition http://t.co/SR0VxCLXxG via @ftr__radio #rsrh #LOL
- CalebHowe: Snark Factor Immigration MST3K Edition http://t.co/SR0VxCLXxG via @ftr__radio #rsrh #LOL
- cayankee: Will Boehner expand suit over Obama's abuse of executive powers to cover #Bamnessty? http://t.co/4f1QYhVdhb #RSRH
- moelane: #rsrh Remember the wisdom of our fathers: "Don't get mad. Get EVEN.": http://t.co/kFe4PjoKZb
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, The Gall Of This President edition.: http://t.co/GdwgT5lQlM
- cayankee: If you don't watch Spanish language TV, Obama doesn't want you watching his extra-legal amnesty speech. http://t.co/7ga1BbX98Z #RSRH
- moelane: #rsrh OK, which one of you jokers in the VRWC put together the Jon Gruber operation?: http://t.co/WTXSmuXWfi
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, ...No, Senator Manchin, We Would Not edition.: http://t.co/QxIreXd63U
- moelane: #rsrh New Storify: How to steal a chicken from a supermarket.: http://t.co/xkZmYw6A7I
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, I Wonder How Begich Will Vote On #Keystone Now edition.: http://t.co/8O3OIe7URh
- moelane: #rsrh Barack Obama name-dropped Jon Gruber. http://t.co/lJpefDN53J So when WAS Obama lying, then? - Because he's lying. Via @NumbersMuncher
- presjpolk: The future of Internet under Title II #NetNeutrality #rsrh http://t.co/5MLPPhniUP
- presjpolk: The only Republican Governor who lost in 2014 was the one who raised gas taxes http://t.co/PzOJR31u2D #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh Jane Hamsher to HuffPo to Rep. Steve Stockman to Erick Erickson to me.: http://t.co/0UJQ6Jz4tq