SEARCH ALL ARTICLES BY Tim Huelskamp:
Tim was born near and raised on the family farm in Fowler, Kansas. Pioneered by his grandparents Martin and Clara in 1925, the farm operation includes raising corn, cattle, wheat, milo, soybeans and kids. There Tim learned the value of hard work and personal responsibility, a strong family life and the essentials of his Catholic Christian faith. Tim attended elementary and high school in Fowler and was involved in a wide range of school activities both academic and athletic. He earned many awards including High School Valedictorian, State Scholar, All-League Honors in Football and Speech, and Farm Bureau Youth Leader. As a member of St. Anthony's Parish, he was active as a youth leader in his parish and diocese. He also learned many business and leadership skills through his extensive involvement in both 4-H and Future Farmers of America. Tim used these skills to begin his own small farming operation during these years. Following high school, Tim attended a seminary in Santa Fe, New Mexico and pursued his bachelor's degree in social science education at the College of Santa Fe. During his college years, Tim gained insight into governmental budgeting as a budget and legislative analyst for the State of New Mexico. Teaching positions in public and private high schools, plus working in a program for disadvantaged youth were also critical experiences. He earned many academic awards and scholarships during his undergraduate studies including Summa Cum Laude graduation and Most Outstanding Graduate. Tim's volunteer activities during college included working in soup kitchens, developing pro-life support activities, and working with troubled Native American youth. After his undergraduate education, Tim accepted a scholarship to pursue doctoral studies at The American University in Washington, D.C. Studying political science with a specialization in agriculture policy, he completed his Ph.D. there in four years. During his time at American University, Tim met his wife Angela and together they were active in assisting women in crisis pregnancies. Additionally, Tim was busy as a college instructor teaching public policy and working as a statistical analyst. Upon graduation, Tim and Angela turned down various job offers and decided to return home to farm, ranch and raise a family in Fowler. Tim was first elected to the Kansas Senate in 1996, the youngest senator elected in twenty years. Serving on a variety of committees has allowed him insight into many areas of the state, the economy and government: Agriculture, Energy & Natural Resources, Education, Elections & Local Government, and Joint Committee on Information Technology. Tim has been re-elected by his constituents three times by wide margins in 2000, 2004 and 2008. Since being elected to the Senate, Tim and Angela have adopted four children: Natasha, Rebecca, Athan and Alexander. Both girls are from Haiti, while the two boys were already Americans. Tim enjoys working in his church and remains involved as a lector and usher. He also continues to enjoy involvement in various civic organizations, hunting, playing sports with his kids, and reading with the family. Meanwhile, Angela continues to work promoting and fostering adoptions.
Sorry, no results were found.
- Ann Coulter’s version of Christianity- aka political Christianity
- Why the Welfare State Isn’t Well and It Isn’t Fair
- Midterm Races in Connecticut and New Hampshire
- War On Terror: We Need To Finish The Job
By: Candice Lanier
- Why is there no conservative version of Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, or Colbert?
- Jaylen Fryberg, WA School Shooter: Where Was Grace?
- Obama’s Trying To Kill The SBA, Who’s Trying To Stop Him
By: Lloyd Chapman
- Open Thread- DHS Should be Too Busy to Go on a Panty Raid. But They’re Not.
- Cultural Vertigo and Christian Persecution in America
- A Tale of Two Michigan Campaigns
- Federal Court Puts Road Block in the Way of Justice for Conservatives Targeted by the IRS
- Common Core Not State Led – Here’s Proof
- Michelle Nunn Doesn’t Understand Basic Economics
- Wendy Davis is NOT running the worst campaign ever.
- Midterm Races in Wisconsin
- OLB365.com agen judi bola online, agen judi casino Online indonesia terpercaya
- 50 Years Later, The Message is Still The Same
- The Capitol and White House are Racist Icons, Because Diversity
- Heritage Action Score Percentiles of Republican Senators, 2011-2014
- Income Inequality
- Canada Comes Face to Face with ISIS and Radical Islamic Jihadist Terror
- Midterm Races in Maine and Massachusetts
- Houston, You’ve Got a Problem: It’s Called Islam and Your Lesbian Mayor Ignores the Reality that Lesbians Rank High on Islam’s Hit List
- Natalie Tennant Violates Her Own Election Laws…Again!
- The Truth About Maness
- Midterm Races in Florida
- Follow the Money: Apple Inc.
By: Chris Walker
- Win for Electoral Integrity: Supreme Court Refuses Obama Attempt to Block Texas Voter ID Law
- The Obama Administration’s Ebola Message Needs To Be Quarantined
- Midterm Races in Kentucky
- Week 42 Chronological Bible Reading & Week 19 New Testament Readings
- Why Rep. Michaud Has No Business Running for Governor
- Ebola: An excuse for racism?
- Obama needs 34 million work permits for what?
- Pakistan Sentences Christian Mom Asia Bibi to Death for “Blasphemy” over a Cup of Water
- How do YOU get the word out about the Precinct Strategy?
- Six Years and Out: It’s Time to Change the Four-Year Presidential Term
By: Myra Adams
- Crony Socialists Looking to Ban Online Gambling Don’t Seem to Realize It’s a WORLD WIDE Web
By: Seton Motley
- Early Voting Open Thread
- Obama To Democrats: Don’t Forget That You All Support My Agenda
By: Matt Vespa
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet/Picture of the Day, The Symbolism Should Be Obvious edition.: http://t.co/WIdEYgGcSG
- moelane: #rsrh Excuse me, Hillary Clinton: the earth revolves around the sun, Marxism is bad, & businesses create jobs.: http://t.co/antM3ScKph
- Aaron_RS: RT @moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, That's Not A Good Thing To Say During A Gubernatorial Debate edition.: http://t.co/uXLqnoO5Im
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, That's Not A Good Thing To Say During A Gubernatorial Debate edition.: http://t.co/uXLqnoO5Im
- moelane: #rsrh Here's *my* comment, @American_Bridge: HAHAHA PWN3D, LUZER.: http://t.co/QiQMooGw9E
- moelane: #rsrh Wait, is Tom Wolf (D CAND, Pennsylvania-GOV) in trouble?: http://t.co/s05wmZXTe5
- moelane: #rsrh Sean Haugh: the pro-pot, antiwar candidate for North Carolina Senate.: http://t.co/GqsS5xdmsl
- streiffredstate: Kathryn Ruemmler,Solyndra friend and Obama toadie withdraws name for AG http://t.co/iXaXlQA5BM #rsrh
- streiffredstate: Holy Crap. @AnthonyWeiner is at it again. Won't he ever learn http://t.co/KRlbPswzyX #rsrh
- streiffredstate: Mali reports its first case of Ebola http://t.co/PqUMRP0Ifb #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, READ THIS IF YOU ARE A REPUBLICAN edition.: http://t.co/dF51dHD91h
- streiffredstate: @SarahPalinUSA endorses independent/dem ticket for governor http://t.co/TWfzPkGasx #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh AP-GfK: 9% of voters enthusiastic about Barack Obama.: http://t.co/TjR9iGcgaH
- moelane: #rsrh Marvel's Age of Ultron counter-leak gambit.: http://t.co/C4UDg54qsV
- moelane: #rsrh Mary Landrieu is losing, but it's not DOOM.: http://t.co/gY2c9Nvon7
- moelane: #rsrh Annnnd the Democrats need to teach their staffers not to casually insult African-Americans and Latinos. http://t.co/kAzhJ40H8O
- streiffredstate: 6 things Michelle Obama Likes About You... and this is not an ad for penis enlargement http://t.co/F5CMwHmcSu #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh On the 'margin of fraud.': http://t.co/UiJWUOs6zs
- streiffredstate: All animals are equal, some are more equal than others. Socialist push for $20/hr min wage and hire at $13/hr. http://t.co/EA9iP3gHSc #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh White House tries to help Bruce Bailey in his gubernatorial bid... Oh, God, STOP it.: http://t.co/QWbJbdsmHr
- moelane: #rsrh This is not exactly a Tweet of the Day...: http://t.co/wMxCkD3Smh
- streiffredstate: Soviets good. America bad. Berlin Wall necessary. Up is down. We've always been at war with Eastasia. http://t.co/4JDbfkEkap #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, The Democrats Now Just Counting The Days edition.: http://t.co/tL8wOjUQMM
- streiffredstate: .@abbyhaglage thinks Ebola=AIDS. Idiot. No similarity in problem or response. http://t.co/J5WrmuGOqa #rsrh
- streiffredstate: Putin misplaces another submarine. This one in Swedish waters. http://t.co/TpNwBnu3ea #rsrh