SEARCH ALL ARTICLES BY Tim Huelskamp:
Tim was born near and raised on the family farm in Fowler, Kansas. Pioneered by his grandparents Martin and Clara in 1925, the farm operation includes raising corn, cattle, wheat, milo, soybeans and kids. There Tim learned the value of hard work and personal responsibility, a strong family life and the essentials of his Catholic Christian faith. Tim attended elementary and high school in Fowler and was involved in a wide range of school activities both academic and athletic. He earned many awards including High School Valedictorian, State Scholar, All-League Honors in Football and Speech, and Farm Bureau Youth Leader. As a member of St. Anthony's Parish, he was active as a youth leader in his parish and diocese. He also learned many business and leadership skills through his extensive involvement in both 4-H and Future Farmers of America. Tim used these skills to begin his own small farming operation during these years. Following high school, Tim attended a seminary in Santa Fe, New Mexico and pursued his bachelor's degree in social science education at the College of Santa Fe. During his college years, Tim gained insight into governmental budgeting as a budget and legislative analyst for the State of New Mexico. Teaching positions in public and private high schools, plus working in a program for disadvantaged youth were also critical experiences. He earned many academic awards and scholarships during his undergraduate studies including Summa Cum Laude graduation and Most Outstanding Graduate. Tim's volunteer activities during college included working in soup kitchens, developing pro-life support activities, and working with troubled Native American youth. After his undergraduate education, Tim accepted a scholarship to pursue doctoral studies at The American University in Washington, D.C. Studying political science with a specialization in agriculture policy, he completed his Ph.D. there in four years. During his time at American University, Tim met his wife Angela and together they were active in assisting women in crisis pregnancies. Additionally, Tim was busy as a college instructor teaching public policy and working as a statistical analyst. Upon graduation, Tim and Angela turned down various job offers and decided to return home to farm, ranch and raise a family in Fowler. Tim was first elected to the Kansas Senate in 1996, the youngest senator elected in twenty years. Serving on a variety of committees has allowed him insight into many areas of the state, the economy and government: Agriculture, Energy & Natural Resources, Education, Elections & Local Government, and Joint Committee on Information Technology. Tim has been re-elected by his constituents three times by wide margins in 2000, 2004 and 2008. Since being elected to the Senate, Tim and Angela have adopted four children: Natasha, Rebecca, Athan and Alexander. Both girls are from Haiti, while the two boys were already Americans. Tim enjoys working in his church and remains involved as a lector and usher. He also continues to enjoy involvement in various civic organizations, hunting, playing sports with his kids, and reading with the family. Meanwhile, Angela continues to work promoting and fostering adoptions.
Sorry, no results were found.
- How do we defeat the left wing and defeatist narratives
- Reckless: Fiorina, Clinton, and Kasich are iching to go to war with Russia
- A Brutal Assessment of our Day in The United States of America
- We Need Answers to These Questions First
- Nose Punching is bad, mmkay? So let’s do something about it.
- Gun-Free Zones Like The Walking Dead
By: Paul Dragu
- Russian Politician On Syria: “It is Our Land”
- Cultural Sanity: The Time To Choose Approaches Again
- Labor Force Participation Numbers Hit 38 Year Low
- Face Of Death
By: John Vernon
- Want to stop all mass killings? Ban all “Dangerous Stuff”
- Hey Barry, It’s Already AGAINST THE LAW To Shoot People!
- Obamacare: If you like your doctor… go to hell
- ‘The Martian’ isn’t for everyone, but it’s really good if you love science
- Making The Case For More Guns In Schools
- Someone owes an apology.
- Guns Are Dangerous
- Communicators Phasers Replicators Cloaking Device Impulse Drive and the Borg
- Why Does Creators Allow Connie Schultz to Openly Advertise for Her Husband’s Political Contributor?
- You need to know this about the Oregon killings
- The Hero Of Umpqua
- In Defense of Dark Money
- The Middle East As Obama Winds Down
- Ted Cruz gets a bounce from the Values Voter Summit
- From a Mad Scientist: My Experiment to Wipe out Stupidity About Gun Control
- Putin, Philosophy, The Eastern Mediterranean, and Obama’s Arrogance
- Mark Steyn’s: A Disgrace to the Profession
- How to win defunding
- Rep. Kinzinger(RINO-IL): Conservatives, Talk Radio Whipping Up Anger And Dissent To Raise Money
By: Ulysses Arn
- Morning Laugh: Jeb! Says Boehner Did A “Good Job” As Speaker
- This is why we’re cynical about Congress
- Sprint’s Decision To Skip Wireless Auction “Highlights The Folly” Of Federal Hubris
- Hill’s F-35s Complete First Training Mission
- EXCLUSIVE: The Hillary Diaries- September 2015 Edition
- Obama Fails To Stop American ISIS Members From Returning Home
- Rick Santorum On PP + How Necessary Is PP’s Government Funding?
- Republicans need to take a class on how to debate the issue of abortion
- (UPDATED) RNC and CNBC collude to take out half the candidates. This month.
- With over-the-counter morning after pill endorsement, Rubio failed
By: Blaine Traber
- Vote No On The McGurk Nomination
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, Let Us Revisit One Of The Greatest Twitter Slams Ever edition.: http://t.co/4ifV1OYBUI
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, This Chick-fil-A Picture Should Surprise Nobody edition.: http://t.co/SWmJtNVdeX
- moelane: #rsrh Bad news on the BLS front.: http://t.co/71t6zH7yws
- moelane: #rsrh Lawrence Lessig upset that the Democrats aren't interested in treating him as people.: http://t.co/zWRySrSfH6
- moelane: #rsrh Bibi Netanyahu imposes a Minute of Shame at the UN.: http://t.co/rmAdFWPkPq
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, Secular Inquisitors Rarely End Well edition.: http://t.co/0IrbU9AJy3
- moelane: #rsrh RNC to test out campaign, outreach infrastructure this month.: http://t.co/rGcrIK1Frw
- moelane: #rsrh Russian hackers trying to phish Hillary Clinton's servers? ...Okayyyy.: http://t.co/WRZXXUhTjy
- moelane: #rsrh Same-sex common law marriage - oh, yes, it's a thing now.: http://t.co/LsyLa0nxsT
- moelane: #rsrh http://t.co/ip8Up9qLJT 'forgets' that Hillary Clinton opposed SSM in 2013.: http://t.co/tmT7ip17NI
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, This Is Why I Only Intend To Watch The First Democratic Debate edition.: http://t.co/RbDzsSzwel