SEARCH ALL ARTICLES BY Tim Huelskamp:
Tim was born near and raised on the family farm in Fowler, Kansas. Pioneered by his grandparents Martin and Clara in 1925, the farm operation includes raising corn, cattle, wheat, milo, soybeans and kids. There Tim learned the value of hard work and personal responsibility, a strong family life and the essentials of his Catholic Christian faith. Tim attended elementary and high school in Fowler and was involved in a wide range of school activities both academic and athletic. He earned many awards including High School Valedictorian, State Scholar, All-League Honors in Football and Speech, and Farm Bureau Youth Leader. As a member of St. Anthony's Parish, he was active as a youth leader in his parish and diocese. He also learned many business and leadership skills through his extensive involvement in both 4-H and Future Farmers of America. Tim used these skills to begin his own small farming operation during these years. Following high school, Tim attended a seminary in Santa Fe, New Mexico and pursued his bachelor's degree in social science education at the College of Santa Fe. During his college years, Tim gained insight into governmental budgeting as a budget and legislative analyst for the State of New Mexico. Teaching positions in public and private high schools, plus working in a program for disadvantaged youth were also critical experiences. He earned many academic awards and scholarships during his undergraduate studies including Summa Cum Laude graduation and Most Outstanding Graduate. Tim's volunteer activities during college included working in soup kitchens, developing pro-life support activities, and working with troubled Native American youth. After his undergraduate education, Tim accepted a scholarship to pursue doctoral studies at The American University in Washington, D.C. Studying political science with a specialization in agriculture policy, he completed his Ph.D. there in four years. During his time at American University, Tim met his wife Angela and together they were active in assisting women in crisis pregnancies. Additionally, Tim was busy as a college instructor teaching public policy and working as a statistical analyst. Upon graduation, Tim and Angela turned down various job offers and decided to return home to farm, ranch and raise a family in Fowler. Tim was first elected to the Kansas Senate in 1996, the youngest senator elected in twenty years. Serving on a variety of committees has allowed him insight into many areas of the state, the economy and government: Agriculture, Energy & Natural Resources, Education, Elections & Local Government, and Joint Committee on Information Technology. Tim has been re-elected by his constituents three times by wide margins in 2000, 2004 and 2008. Since being elected to the Senate, Tim and Angela have adopted four children: Natasha, Rebecca, Athan and Alexander. Both girls are from Haiti, while the two boys were already Americans. Tim enjoys working in his church and remains involved as a lector and usher. He also continues to enjoy involvement in various civic organizations, hunting, playing sports with his kids, and reading with the family. Meanwhile, Angela continues to work promoting and fostering adoptions.
Sorry, no results were found.
- F-35 Fleet Surpasses 15,000 Flying Hours
- Jim Moran retires from Congress; joins the Tea Party
- Health Care: You Break It; You Pay for It
By: Michael Hammond
- Greg Walden (R-OR): Chairman NRCC … and Wuss.
By: Martin Knight
- Pennsylvania GOP Tax Increase Causes Primary Problem for House Whip Stan Saylor
- The Tea Party: More Philosophy and Less Politics
- The Liberal Media Owns This Debacle
- Senator @MaryLandrieu’s Newest Awful Ad
- To Be Frank: West Virginia House Democrats Using Public Resources to Reach Voters
- My Experience with the Corrupt IRS
By: Milton Wolf
- The “Consider This!” podcast, Episode 72: Portrait of a Right-Wing Extremist
By: Doug Payton
- IRS Chief Calls for a Redo on Proposed Anti-Free Speech Tax-Exempt Rules
By: Matthew Clark
- This #TaxDay, Let’s Also Look to Rid Ourselves of Global Anti-Free Trade Tariffs
By: Seton Motley
- What’s really going on with BLM?
- When will it be enough?
- Robertson Hurls Monkeyshine At Evolution Debate
- Campaign Finance – Why the Supreme Court Got it Right
By: Danny Huizinga
- John Stone: leading the #FireBoehner charge in #GA12 *DEBATE VIDEOS
- The Real ObamaCare Scoreboard (Spoiler: The Citizens Are Losing)
- Cliven Bundy
- Picking and Choosing
- Mitch McConnell can’t kill this ObamaCare defunding effort
- Lost in Space
- 1776 & 2014 – Complacency and Revolution
- Speaker Boehner’s Electile Dysfunction
By: Loren Heal
- On gender identity…
- The Very, Very, Drab, Gray World of Leftists
- Government in a nutshell!
By: ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑBE
- Remarks to Freedom Summit, Manchester NH
- GA Senate race: Karen Handel is the only one with cojones
- Justice John Paul Stevens’ Proposal to Amend the Second Amendment
- Is John Kasich The Most Formidable 2016 GOP Candidate You Don’t Know?
By: Myra Adams
- What is the key to Israeli-Palestinian peace?
- And the Liberal Intolerance Hits Just Keep Coming
- The NRSC and Push Polling
- Rep. Vance McAllister (R-LA) Must Resign
- Naked Lefties Running Wild
- Sad — on the 40th anniversary of his milestone record, Hank Aaron displays ignorance, bitterness, and no class
- Standoff in Nevada
- The United States Government Thinks Heartbleed Is Okay!
- moelane: #rsrh Terry Lynn Land (R) now ahead of Gary Peters (D) in RCP average for Michigan-SEN.: http://t.co/Pzl9m86dcd
- moelane: #rsrh The Minnesota Senate race is an annoyance.: http://t.co/8mWgOsVyc8
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, That Is Pretty Much The Problem Right There edition.: http://t.co/PxctD9XDTV
- CalebHowe: Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy | Power Line http://t.co/wEcwVw1nrQ #rsrh #tcot
- moelane: #rsrh Let me be blunt: the Obama administration did this because they think that their core supporters are idiots. http://t.co/YYRNDDBmqL
- moelane: #rsrh No, I'm pretty sure that the Clinton Shoe Woman thing wasn't staged.: http://t.co/GWTGIIP6qu
- moelane: #rsrh Maryland TV station casually assigns sole blame for #obamacare to Democrats.: http://t.co/pywvOWRZLT
- moelane: #rsrh Dear Democratic party: please campaign on the UN's call to cut economic growth.: http://t.co/I0XlZ8dAGg
- moelane: #rsrh Not shocking news: Dropbox tells anti-Rice protesters to take a hike.: http://t.co/uasBP8EJ67
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, It Really IS Getting That Bad For @BarackObama edition.: http://t.co/kwoVUeQ40K
- moelane: #rsrh Put up or shut up, @RepSteveIsrael. http://t.co/VBn6lCLWkD Name names, or sit the hell down.
- moelane: #rsrh Interesting article hitting Google here at the WaPo: http://t.co/k4xyBN4ls2 ...Was it written on Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos' orders?
- moelane: #rsrh Rooting for Injuries Watch: labor union targets anti-Keystone House members.: http://t.co/sVllmPJ5Xk
- CalebHowe: Melissa Harris-Perry: Carney is ‘Mansplaining’ WH ‘Pay Gap’; Also Nurses And Doctors Are The Same Thing. http://t.co/20YUX7XYWf #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, Stephen Colbert's Publicist Said 'Thanks' edition.: http://t.co/ZNPlRD30sB
- VladimirRS: Anti-fracking protesters in urgent plea – for GAS! #rsrh http://t.co/wieQrCcogI
- VladimirRS: Watch Greta van Susteren box with an armless man: http://t.co/1gBvTlFAoz @voteMike2014 vs @gretawire #rsrh
- VladimirRS: Excellent post! Methane, the Irrelevant Greenhouse Gas. #rsrh #agw http://t.co/85x3t63UfJ
- RSBooBooKitty: Holder wants to target owners and their guns. Fed/UN kill switch? Buddy, you don't want to go there. http://t.co/vVdo61HyfE #rsrh
- VladimirRS: Gender equity? In 2012, 92% of workplace fatalities were male. #rsrh #77cents http://t.co/B9iknMKVJz