SEARCH ALL ARTICLES BY Tim Huelskamp:
Tim was born near and raised on the family farm in Fowler, Kansas. Pioneered by his grandparents Martin and Clara in 1925, the farm operation includes raising corn, cattle, wheat, milo, soybeans and kids. There Tim learned the value of hard work and personal responsibility, a strong family life and the essentials of his Catholic Christian faith. Tim attended elementary and high school in Fowler and was involved in a wide range of school activities both academic and athletic. He earned many awards including High School Valedictorian, State Scholar, All-League Honors in Football and Speech, and Farm Bureau Youth Leader. As a member of St. Anthony's Parish, he was active as a youth leader in his parish and diocese. He also learned many business and leadership skills through his extensive involvement in both 4-H and Future Farmers of America. Tim used these skills to begin his own small farming operation during these years. Following high school, Tim attended a seminary in Santa Fe, New Mexico and pursued his bachelor's degree in social science education at the College of Santa Fe. During his college years, Tim gained insight into governmental budgeting as a budget and legislative analyst for the State of New Mexico. Teaching positions in public and private high schools, plus working in a program for disadvantaged youth were also critical experiences. He earned many academic awards and scholarships during his undergraduate studies including Summa Cum Laude graduation and Most Outstanding Graduate. Tim's volunteer activities during college included working in soup kitchens, developing pro-life support activities, and working with troubled Native American youth. After his undergraduate education, Tim accepted a scholarship to pursue doctoral studies at The American University in Washington, D.C. Studying political science with a specialization in agriculture policy, he completed his Ph.D. there in four years. During his time at American University, Tim met his wife Angela and together they were active in assisting women in crisis pregnancies. Additionally, Tim was busy as a college instructor teaching public policy and working as a statistical analyst. Upon graduation, Tim and Angela turned down various job offers and decided to return home to farm, ranch and raise a family in Fowler. Tim was first elected to the Kansas Senate in 1996, the youngest senator elected in twenty years. Serving on a variety of committees has allowed him insight into many areas of the state, the economy and government: Agriculture, Energy & Natural Resources, Education, Elections & Local Government, and Joint Committee on Information Technology. Tim has been re-elected by his constituents three times by wide margins in 2000, 2004 and 2008. Since being elected to the Senate, Tim and Angela have adopted four children: Natasha, Rebecca, Athan and Alexander. Both girls are from Haiti, while the two boys were already Americans. Tim enjoys working in his church and remains involved as a lector and usher. He also continues to enjoy involvement in various civic organizations, hunting, playing sports with his kids, and reading with the family. Meanwhile, Angela continues to work promoting and fostering adoptions.
Sorry, no results were found.
- With Friends Like These: Marlon Marshall and Jeremy Bird
- 9th #PPSellsBabyParts Video: Baby Parts Vendor ABR, Intact Baby ‘it just fell out’
By: Steve Berman
- Will the Real Conservative Please Stand Up
- The GOP would rather be “dying” than have an Outsider candidate win and hold them accountable
- Educating Rep. Adam Kinzinger On Reagan’s Campaign Against Carter
By: Ulysses Arn
- Mt. Denali is Unconstitutional
- Marita Noon: Hidden emails reveal a secret anti-fossil fuel network involving the White House, Democrat governors, wealthy donors and foundations, and front groups
By: Marita Noon
- The EPA Assaults the Private Sector – and the Environment
By: Seton Motley
- The Invisible National Security Question
- EXCLUSIVE: The Hillary Diaries- August Edition
- President Biden Would Be Obama’s “Medvedev”
- The outline of Hillary’s email defense takes shape: “I was too stupid to be Secretary of State”
- Larry Sabato: Donald Trump is “The Un-Nominatable Frontrunner.”
- Can Anyone Stop the Momentum of Trump-motion and Bern-Motion in Their Tracks?
- Governor Rick Perry – A Man after Gods own heart
By: Jane Miceli
- How Americans really feel about stronger gun laws.
- Adios America, Europe in Transition & An Enlightened Single Issue Voter
- Trump’s Record-Breaking New Poll Results & What It May Mean For The GOP Nomination
By: Candice Lanier
- Myra Adams: How Trump’s Anchor Baby Talk Could Anchor Democrats to the White House
By: Myra Adams
- Assault by Government: Draining the Capital Pool
By: Seton Motley
- 2016 Gubernatorial Races: August Happenings in Review
- Negation with Hitler in 1938 was the same as negotiation with Putin.
- O’Brother Where Art Thou
By: John Vernon
- Why I now question the wisdom of a Trump vote. And why Carly Fiorina is looking better and better.
By: Paul Joseph
- Society’s Difficulties Cause By Sin
By: Marty Koval
- Why Trump has done so well in the polls- My thoughts
- The Battle for the 2016 House- August Edition
- The Emperor’s New Boobs
- Why Donald trump is right about anchor babies and the 14th amendment.
By: Paul Joseph
- Carly Fiorina Plays the Victim Card
- Why Carly Fiorina might actually be far better off NOT making the prime time CNN debate
- Planned Parenthood Needs Your Support
- Will Obama Surrender Guantanamo?
- 1508 Some Boundaries Cannot Be Crossed
By: Robert Ashby
- Our President is Delusional
- MERCENARIES vs. MISSIONARIES
By: Ed Willing
- We Need a New Republican Party
By: Conrad Close
- Big Brother HUD Decides Your Property Value and Your Neighbors
- Why does Planned Parenthood want to hear David Daleiden pee?
- North Korea Emails Suggest Clinton Foundation Collusion at State
By: Steve Berman
- moelane: #rsrh CNN modifies second debate eligibility rules.: http://t.co/xMI96l6H29
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, It's Naive NOT To Call Isis Evil edition.: http://t.co/lYY19XJIyy
- streiffredstate: Iran exhumes Martin Luther and uses him for a centrifuge http://t.co/VsbGwtUHkO #rsrh
- moelane: #rsrh Ain't no trolling like @FreeBeacon trolling (says he, respectfully).: http://t.co/RgK0hJwEdT
- moelane: #rsrh Wal-Mart increases wages, cuts hours.: http://t.co/5bhS6Wgcsq
- moelane: #rsrh Larry Kudlow contemplates running against Richard Blumenthal in CT-SEN.: http://t.co/ZPanNR6LhI
- moelane: #rsrh Mt. McKinley: political Cialis for Barack Obama.: http://t.co/wvYssT9IeU
- moelane: #rsrh A PSA for anybody reading this Daily Beast article on Hillary Clinton and guns.: http://t.co/LW14Ye69Ef
- moelane: #rsrh "Hillbry?" Who on Team Clinton thought that this was clever? And can we get that person promoted? http://t.co/KRggyGFQKV
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, ...Is This All That Hillary Clinton Has? edition: http://t.co/NfRA7nCsMG
- moelane: #rsrh @charlescwcooke: So, you Lefties want to repeal the Second Amendment, huh?: http://t.co/PqbkAyH5SG
- moelane: #rsrh George W. Bush.: http://t.co/EGOBX7FpAn
- moelane: #rsrh This @ShoreDems tweet tells you just how scared the Democrats are getting right now.: http://t.co/dIabkbZ7V6
- moelane: #rsrh Tweet of the Day, That's... Not What She Thinks, Surely? edition.: http://t.co/alYWecTaBC
- moelane: #rsrh Quote of the Day, A Democratic Veep Has A BIG Problem edition.: http://t.co/lRR1XSwmxd