Covering the connection of DC politics and Hollywood entertainment as they contribute to our culture.
Well, just in case you were worried that our national leaders were about to turn into a crowd of genteel and polite citizens who worked together nicely, you can calm down — they acted like a group of hog-callers hopped up on Sudafed and Jaeger Bombs. Our beloved politicians managed to embarrass themselves in ways that exceeded expectations.
Cory Booker tried making a brave stance releasing secret emails that would damage Brett Kavanaugh — except they were not classified, he was granted permission, and they showed Kavanaugh was ruling according to the Constitution. So Thanks, Cory! Meanwhile Kamala Harris had a hard time keeping her lies straight, but the press praised her anyway. Overall, it would require a forklift dropping a pallet of grease paint in the Capitol Rotunda to make this a bigger clown show.
THIS WEEK’S THEME: “Eastbound And Down” — Jerry Reid
- It was feared the Kavanaugh confirmation hearing was going to be crazy-town. It ended up being so much more.
- Everyone was en fuego with the anonymous NY Times Op-ed — Sarah and Brad were very unimpressed.
- Cosby Show alum is shamed for working, but there is a happier ending than his selling Pudding Pops.
- Colin Kaepernick, known for not doing something, is the new face of the Just Do It ad campaign.
- In a surprise to very few Sarah found out millennials are working on post-humor unfunny comedy routines. It is okay to laugh at them.
- The Ruby Slippers missing for 13 years were found, THEN another discovery was made.
- The announcing team for the Detroit Tigers got the chair, and they both get suspended for the season as a result.
- The Bandit made his last run (RIP Burt)
TWITTER MOMENT OF THE WEEK
In all honesty I’d love to ask Kavanaugh how he did feel about this.
It must be a truly bizarre experience to be Kavanaugh. You muddle along for fifty years, then wake up one morning and for some reason the lady from “Coyote Ugly” hates your ever-loving guts. https://t.co/rGijoGpu92
— Daniel Foster (@DanFosterType) September 10, 2018