Covering the connection of DC politics and Hollywood entertainment as they contribute to our culture.
It was a media-heavy episode this week where we picked apart many of the problems in the press regarding the need to change talking points, to fit the ever-shifting reality of facts coming forward. That narrative is not going to keep going if we continue to let the truth get in the way!
The Mueller Report, last November’s election results, and media outlets being held responsible really made things tough all around. Even AOC was undone by the fact that people recorded her speeches in the past. These damned accountability freaks!
THIS WEEK’S THEME: “Lift Yourself” ~ Kanye West
- The Mueller Report is due to arrive soon, and Bill Barr is taking a novel step: he will also be releasing it to the general public, and the redactions will reportedly have links attached to explain what/why/who was not included. Adam Schiff and Eric Swalwell sure to be hardest hit.
- The New York Times had a “bombshell” report about the Mueller team supposedly upset at Barr. The story was unsourced and had no content, but the press complex ran it anyhow, proving they prove they have learned NOTHING over the past 2 years.
- Devin Nunes is suing McClatchy over slanderous reporting. The media is basically mocking him, but maybe that’s because they are nervous?
- Stacey Abrams is still touring the news outlets, positioning herself for the 2020 election while insisting her last election was stolen. Only problem — her claim has been disproven…by Abrams herself.
- Captain America is bucking the trend of activist celebrities by actually sounding sane and even possibly being open-minded???
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez appropriated culture by adopting a black accent when she addressed a black audience. Her claim is she always talks to “her people” in this fashion, but video from past speeches proved that was whack.
- The ACLU has issued a dire warning to immigrants and people of color to be ultra careful when they travel to the dangerous and exotic locale — of Florida.
- Looking at the need to keep with the show’s premise Brad found a Hollywood story where there is a need to create controversy over the movie “Us”, even when controversy does not exist.
TWITTER MOMENT OF THE WEEK
Tater Stelter at CNN looks gravely serious as he watches an internet meme about himself and CNN. It leads to the main question: Has he EVER even seen “Spaceballs”?!?!
— Carpe Donktum🔹 (@CarpeDonktum) April 7, 2019
for more insightful ridiculousness, follow us: