An exclusive podcast from RedState about the connections of politics and entertainment, covering the stories from Burbank to The Beltway
The big news of the week was the herd of delusional Democratic hopefuls staged their first debate. Uh, debates. There are so damned many of them that the field has to be divided into two still-too-big fields of candidates.
Apart from that clown show crammed into a comically small car there was Washington intrigue, Hollywood foibles, and also a significant cultural anniversary this week.
- Brad has been uneasy as the Democrats have swarmed his area of South Florida, and they attracted Alyssa Milano along with them. (Get the kids into the hurricane shelter!) There was little surprise how they blathered a bunch of lies during their visit.
- Hope Hicks was brought in to testify on The Hill, and while the press and Democrats claimed she proved the Mueller report, what they ended up doing is showing they did not actually listen to what she said.
- Clint Eastwood has become a delight by bucking the supposed trend in Hollywood by announcing he will in fact be shooting a new production in Georgia.
- In keeping with the tradition of Hollywood stealing intellectual property it was announced that a collection of stars would steal the idea from the reading of the Peter Styrzok-Lisa Page texts, by staging a reading of The Mueller Report. We cannot understand why, considering everyone has already been able to read it.
- Sarah did an exploration of the seemingly growing trend of women being drawn to socialism. Brad could not detail why they were wrong, for fear of mansplaining.
- In typical fashion, there had to be something offensive found in a major Hollywood film. This time a doll in “Toy Story 4” with a broken speaker box is offensive to people with disabilities…somehow?
- And lastly there was a commemoration of a cultural touchstone — this week is the 40th anniversary of the release of Bill Murray in “Meatballs”.
for more insightful ridiculousness, follow us: