President Donald Trump said on Tuesday after North Korea’s ballistic missile launch that America will “take care of it.”
According to the Associated Press, Trump received the briefing on North Korea’s missile launch while meeting with Republicans on the tax reform bill:
President Donald Trump says the United States will “take care of it” following North Korea’s latest missile launch.
Trump told reporters Tuesday that “it is a situation that we will handle.”
The White House said earlier that Trump was briefed on North Korea’s ballistic missile launch early Wednesday local time, its first in two months. Press secretary Sarah Sanders tweeted that Trump “was briefed, while missile was still in the air, on the situation in North Korea.”
Trump has also reportedly been asked if the launch has changed any of his plans regarding the communist state, to which the President replied that he will not alter his approach to handling North Korea.
Trump on North Korea: "We will take care of that situation" and when asked if the launch will change his approach: "Nothing changed, we have a very serious approach and nothing changed." pic.twitter.com/IqUVelgMvU
— Martyn Williams (@martyn_williams) November 28, 2017
What action Trump means to take against North Korea is not yet known. However, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said that the U.S. “remains committed to finding a peaceful path to denuclearization” with North Korea.
"Diplomatic options remain viable and open, for now," says Secy of State Tillerson in written statement on North Korean missile launch. Says US "remains committed to finding a peaceful path to denuclearization and to ending belligerent actions by North Korea."
— Mark Knoller (@markknoller) November 28, 2017