Democrat, or should that be Corruptocrat, leaders, including Senators Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand, Governor David Patterson and Governor wannabe Andrew Cuomo, are throwing a big fundraising birthday party for ethically challenged Charles Rangel.
The Corruptocrat Rangel bash is being thrown despite the fact that the House ethics committee, after a two-year investigation, finally revealed 13 “major” charges of ethical violations against Rangel, which the committee said it substantiated in a 41-page Statement of Alleged Violation.
Rangel now faces a formal public trial before a House ethics subcommittee for the alleged violations.
The last House trial of a member was for James A. Traficant, Democrat of Ohio, in 2002. Traficant, convicted on criminal corruption charges, expelled from Congress and served a prison term.
Rangel is charged with violating the letter and spirit of House rules by engaging in conduct that:
- //www.redstate.com/wp-content/themes/redstate-desktop-2017/images/redstate-placeholder.png t ban;
- Violated the code of ethics for government service; //www.redstate.com/wp-content/themes/redstate-desktop-2017/images/redstate-placeholder.png t rule;
- Violated U.S. Postal Service laws and Franking Commission regulations;
- Violated House Office Building Commission’s regulations;
- Violated the Purpose Law and the Member’s Congressional Handbook; and,
- Violated the Ethics in Government Act and House Rule XXVI.
The charges themselves are grouped into four categories.
- That Rangel solicited money for his nonprofit “Rangel Center for Public Service” from people doing business before his committee.
- That Rangel repeatedly filed inaccurate and misleading financial-disclosure statements.
- That Rangel used for campaign purposes a New York City rent-controlled apartment that was only supposed to be used as a residence.
- That Rangel failed to report and pay taxes on rental income he received from a vacation property he owns in the Dominican Republic.
Will Corruptocrat, leaders throw a fundraiser for Maxine Waters next?