President-elect Donald Trump has at least eight meetings today related to filling cabinet posts. The meetings begin at 1 p.m. at Trump Tower in New York. The meetings are all scheduled to last 30 minutes.
- 1 p.m. Sandeep Mathrani, the CEO of General Growth Properties;
- 1:30 p.m. Paul Atkins, the CEO of Patomak Global Partners, and a former commissioner of the SEC;
- 2 p.m. Kathleen Hartnett White, the director of the Armstrong Center for Energy and the Environment at the Texas Public Policy Foundation;
- 2:30 p.m. Pennsylvania Rep. Lou Barletta, a Conservative House Republican who backed Trump early;
- 3 p.m. Dave Steward, the chairman of World Wide Technology;
- 3:30 p.m. Scott Pruitt, the attorney general of Oklahoma;
- 4 p.m. David A. Clarke, the sheriff of Milwaukee County; and
- 4:30 p.m. John Allison, the former chairman of BB&T.
So far Trump has filled the following positions:
- Attorney General: Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions (pending Senate confirmation);
- Ambassador to the United Nations: Ambassador to the United Nations (pending Senate confirmation);
- Deputy National Security Advisor: Kathleen Troia “KT” McFarland;
- Director of the Central Intelligence Agency: Kansas Rep. Mike Pompeo (pending Senate confirmation);
- National Security Advisor: Retired Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn;
- Secretary of Education: Secretary of Education – school choice activist (pending Senate confirmation); and
- White House Counsel: Donald F. McGahn.
Cabinet-level Positions remaining to be filled:
- Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency
- Administrator of the Small Business Administration
- Chair of the Council of Economic Advisers
- Director of the Office of Management and Budget
- Secretary of Agriculture;
- Secretary of Commerce: Trump is expected to nominate Wilbur Ross, a billionaire investor and Weehawken native, to run the commerce department, according to reports. As secretary, Ross would help promote American business and oversee trade. Reports say Trump is also likely to pick Todd Ricketts, a top GOP donor and the owner of the Chicago Cubs, as deputy secretary.
- Secretary of Defense
- Secretary of Energy
- Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Secretary of Homeland Security
- Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
- Secretary of the Interior
- Secretary of Labor
- Secretary of State
- Secretary of Transportation
- Secretary of the Treasury
- Secretary of Veterans Affair
- Trade Representative
And we haven’t even talked about the other 4,000 political appointments Trump will make to run the Government.