Demonstrators display placards during a rally against President Donald Trump's order that restricts travel to the U.S., Sunday, Jan. 29, 2017, in Boston. Trump signed an executive order Friday, Jan. 27, 2017 that bans legal U.S. residents and visa-holders from seven Muslim-majority nations from entering the U.S. for 90 days and puts an indefinite hold on a program resettling Syrian refugees. (AP Photo/Steven Senne)

Stephen Dinan reports that during the week since federal Judge James L. Robart blocked President Donald J. Trump’s Jan. 27 Executive Order “Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States,” the State Department has drastically increased the number of refugees entering the U.S. from Syria, Iraq and the other suspect countries identified pursuant to Section 217(a)(12) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12) impacted by the executive order.

A staggering 77 percent of the refugees let in since Judge James L. Robart’s Feb. 3 order have been from the seven suspect countries. Nearly a third are from Syria — the only country from which President Trump’s order banned refugees. Another 21 percent are from Iraq. During  the two weeks before Judge Robart’s order, only 9 percent of refugees were from Syria and 6 percent were from Iraq.

With all the chaos and reports that between 60,000 and 100,000 travelers were immediately effected by the executive order you have to wonder just how many people are traveling to the U.S. from the seven suspect countries — Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen.

The State Department, in a statement to The Washington Times explaining the numbers, said it was focusing on “rescheduling those whose travel had been suspended the previous week.”

Erol Kekic, executive director of the Church World Service’s refugee program, one of nine organizations chartered by the U.S. government to help with resettling refugees here, said it might just be a coincidence that so many refugees from the seven suspect countries were being admitted.

With all due respect to Mr. Kekic, this is obviously a push to admit as many people as possible before federal judges get around permitting Trump’s order to be enforced. It’s a yuge admission that the folks fighting Trump’s executive order know they will eventually lose the legal battle against Trump’s executive order. Secretary of State Tillerson needs to get control of his bureaucracy.