Welcome back to another installment of the Watercooler, RedState’s daily Open Thread! Today, we’ve got…
Finally, A Lawyer I LIKE!
Well, actually a law prof… but this guy did a job of putting flamethrower to Millennial Douchebag Snowflake in setting rules for his class that set Junior’s tail wagging, and when a lawyer can get a tyrannosaur’s approval that says something BIG.
“1. The only “ism” I ever want to come out your mouth is a syllogism. If I catch you using an “ism” or its analogous “ist” — racist, classist, etc. — then you will not be permitted to continue speaking until you have first identified which “ism” you are guilty of at that very moment. You are not allowed to fault others for being biased or privileged until you have first identified and examined your own biases and privileges.
2. If I catch you this semester using the words “fair,” “diversity,” or “equality,” or a variation on those terms, and you do not stop immediately to explain what you mean, you will lose your privilege to express any further opinions in class until you first demonstrate that you understand three things about the view that you are criticizing.
3. If you ever begin a statement with the words “I feel,” before continuing you must cluck like a chicken or make some other suitable animal sound.”
–Prof. Adam MacLeod, Faulkner University–h/t Hank Berrien at Daily Wire
Well said, Professor! 🙂
This Week In History
- Sunday, 11/26: First national Thanksgiving, 1789; Carter & Carnarvon first to enter Tut’s tomb, 1922; Concorde’s final flight, 2003
- Monday, 11/27: Army War College established, 1901; first Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, 1924; Senate confirms Ford as VP, 1973
- Tuesday, 11/28: First auto race in US, 1895; Grand Ole Opry’s first broadcast, 1925; Tehran Conference, 1943
- Wednesday, 11/29: San Jose, CA founded, 1777; Whitman (1847) and Sand Creek (1864) massacres; MacNamara resigns as SecDef, 1967
- Thursday, 11/30: Preliminary US-UK peace treaty signed, 1782; Battle of Tassafaronga, 1942; Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” released, 1982
- Friday, 12/1: House tasked with deciding Election of 1824; Ford introduces moving assembly line, 1913; Civil Air Patrol created, 1941; Rosa Parks arrested, 1955
- Saturday, 12/2: Precursor to Old Glory first hoisted by John Paul Jones on USS Alfred, 1775; Monroe Doctrine (1823) and Manifest Destiny (1845) proclaimed; Fermi’s team lights up first nuclear reactor, 1942
Today’s Birthdays: Choreographer Busby Berkeley, 1895; authors C. S. Lewis, 1898 and Madeleine L’Engle, 1918.
Holidays Around the World: Albania celebrates Liberation Day and Vanuatu observes Unity Day.
This Week In History is compiled with assistance from History.com and Wikipedia. Something interesting not listed here? Please share in the Comments section–this is an Audience Participation Encouraged featurette.
Eight years ago today, four of my friends were brutally murdered in an assassination perpetrated by a dangerous felon Mike Huckabee set loose on society.
- Sergeant Mark Renninger, Lakewood, WA P.D.
- Officer Ronald Owens, L.P.D.
- Officer Tina Griswold, L.P.D.
- Officer Greg Richards, L.P.D.
You are missed, old friends, and I hope you rest in peace knowing you are not forgotten.
Gratuitous Gun Giveaways
- *American Handgunner magazine, for an SCCY CPX-3 .380ACP or Glock 19 Gen 5 9mm pistol package: http://americanhandgunner.com/giveaway/
- *Guns Magazine, for a Canik TP9 SFx 9mm, CZ-USA P-10C 9mm, Coonan Arms .357 Magnum 1911 or Auto-Ordnance 1911BKOW WWII-style .45 pistol package: http://gunsmagazine.com/giveaway/
- Davidson’s Gallery of Guns, for a Henry Golden Boy 2nd Amendment Tribute Edition .22LR lever-action rifle or lever-action .410 shotgun: https://ggg.galleryofguns.com/
- Aero Precision, for a custom AR15: http://gvwy.io/w0oxqya
- GrabAGun, for a Savage Model 11 Long Range Hunter 6.5 Creedmoor bolt-action rifle: http://grabagun.com/giveaway
- Springfield Armory, for assorted XD and 1911 pistols and SAINT 5.56mm AR15 pistols and rifles: http://www.springfield-armory.com/resources/giveaways/
*Note: FMG Publishing giveaways require you to provide an FFL dealer’s info at entry. Aero Precision giveaways give me one entry each per person who uses my referral link.
The Watercooler has a job to do and maybe a job for YOU! It’s nothing really complicated, just about 400-600 words on whatever’s caught your attention that day; doesn’t have to be anything big, just maybe summarize and link a few things that grabbed your eye and add a dash of your own commentary. We’re pretty open about letting individual contributors develop their own individual styles; no AP or SPJ Style Manual horse-puckey here, just write whatever you have inside you bursting to get out that day.
Please direct inquiries into the Comment Thread.
Quote of the Day
Aaaw. Champagne Conservative tears will taste even better than Leftist Tears on election day.–user “Libertarian Conservative Guy” at Daily Wire
As always, the Watercooler is an Open Thread. And as so eloquently coined by ntrepid, “Thanks for the click! Your effort helps fund future posts of this nature.”
“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.”–Voltaire
Copyright Diamondback, 2017; publication license granted exclusively to RedState. If you’re reading this anywhere BUT RedState or its affiliates, you are seeing STOLEN PROPERTY.