Welcome back to another installment of the Watercooler, RedState’s daily Open Thread! Today, we’ve got… well, apologies for being more Happy Hour than Office Watercooler, the party got a little out of hand last night.
From the “Love Thy Enemy” File…
Netanyahu just made a huge gesture to the Iranians, as reported by Ben Shapiro– you really should check out the full writeup over at Daily Wire, but here’s the interesting part of Bibi’s speech.
Iran’s meteorological organization says that nearly 96% of Iran suffers from some levels of drought. Issa Kalantari, a former Iranian agricultural minister, said that 50 million Iranians could be forced out of their homes due to environmental damage: 50 million. Millions of Iranian children are suffering due to mismanagement, to incompetence, and the theft of vital resources by the Iranian regime. Now, Israel also has water challenges; we’ve developed cutting-edge technologies to address them. Israel recycles nearly 90% of its wastewater. That’s far more than any other country on earth. We invented drip irrigation. Our technology targets individual plants with exactly the nutrients they need for each plant. Israel has the know-how to prevent environmental catastrophe in Iran.
I want to share this information with the people of Iran. Sadly, Iran bans Israelis from visiting, so we’ll have to get creative.
We will launch a Farsi website with detailed plans on how Iranians can recycle their wastewater. We will show how Iranian farmers can save their crops and feed their families. The Iranian regime shouts, “Death to Israel!” In response, Israel shouts, “Life! To the Iranian people!”
Sounds like something Commiefornia could stand to learn from, rather than pirating everybody else’s water, sometimes even literally at gunpoint as they once did around the turn of the 20th century… But will they? My bet, as with the mullahs, is on “Probably not, because ‘DE JOOOOS!!'”
From the “Some People Never Learn” File…
Consider the case of one Christopher Raymond Hill, a Jacksonville, Florida armed robber and two-time failed carjacker… all within the space of a half-hour. After robbing a Walmart liquor counter at gunpoint Vermin Hill tried to escape in an SUV which wouldn’t start, then tried to carjack another customer… who’s having none of it and pulls his licensed CCW. So Scumbag Hill picks what looks like a smaller, weaker target, only to find SHE’s packing too… As for Human Garbage Hill’s excuse? “The reason I was running and did this was because somebody was after me.” Well, DUH, monkey, that’s what people DO when you commit a violent felony! And the Hoplophobic Leftofascists wonder why we cling to our weapons…
(h/t Streiff and NRA Twitter for the headsup here)
This Week In History
- Sunday, 6/10: Franklin flies kite in thunderstorm, 1754; Adams proposes Continental Army, 1775; Battle of Brice’s Crossroads, 1864
- Monday, 6/11: Committee appointed to draft Declaration of Independence, 1776; D-Day landing forces link up to open Western Front, 1944; sunset for The Duke, 1979
- Tuesday, 6/12: Va. adopts Mason’s Declaration of rights, 1776; Grant withdraws from Cold Harbor, 1864; “Tear Down This Wall!”, 1987
- Wednesday, 6/13: Lafayette reaches S. Carolina, 1777; Miranda rights established, 1966; Pentagon Papers leaked, 1971
- Thursday, 6/14: Stars & Stripes adopted, 1777; Bear Flag Revolt, 1846; Alcock & Brown launch firs nonstop trans-Atlantic flight, 1919
- Friday, 6/15: Arkansas statehood, 1836; Oregon Treaty fixes US-Canada border, 1846; invasion of Saipan, 1944
- Saturday, 6/16: Lincoln’s “House Divided” speech, 1858; first roller coaster at Coney Island, 1884; Oracle incorporated, 1977
Today’s Birthdays: General Winfield Scott, 1786; mathematician John F. Nash, Jr., 1928; illustrator Ralph McQuarrie, 1929; actor Tim Allen, 1953
Holidays Around the World: Hungary celebrates Inventor’s Day and Iraqi Kurdistan observes Suleimaniah City Fallen & Martys Day.
This Week In History is compiled with assistance from History.com and Wikipedia. Something interesting not listed here? Please share in the Comments section–this is an Audience Participation Encouraged featurette.
Gratuitous Gun Giveaways
- *American Handgunner magazine, for an Olympic Arms KRP Retro AR15 pistol or S&W Hi-Viz .500 Magnum revolver package: http://americanhandgunner.com/giveaway/
- *Guns Magazine, for a Kahr Arms Snapshot .22LR rifle, Mossberg 590M Heat Shield shotgun or Aero Precision M4E1 rifle: http://gunsmagazine.com/giveaway/
- Davidson’s Gallery of Guns, for a Springfield 911 .380 pistol or SAINT Edge AR-pattern rifle: https://ggg.galleryofguns.com/
- Aero Precision, for a custom AR15: http://gvwy.io/6przbx9
- GrabAGun, for a Kel-Tec KSG 12-gauge bullpup shotgun: http://grabagun.com/giveaway
- Springfield Armory, for $2500 worth of XD pistols and related gear: http://www.springfield-armory.com/resources/giveaways/
*Note: FMG Publishing giveaways require you to provide an FFL dealer’s info at entry. Aero Precision and Primary Arms giveaways give me one entry each per person who uses my referral link.
Public Service Announcement for “Sanctuary State” Residents
If you would like to report illegal aliens, please call Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) at 1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423). They will need to know names, locations (either work place or residence) and any other specific information you can provide. Visit http://www.ice.gov for more information.
Quote of the Day
The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word ‘crisis.’ One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger – but recognize the opportunity. –John F. Kennedy
As always, the Watercooler is an Open Thread. It’s five o’ clock somewhere, so consider our humble little cantina Open For Business… And as so eloquently coined by ntrepid, “Thanks for the click! Your effort helps fund future posts of this nature.”
Copyright Diamondback, 2018; publication license granted exclusively to RedState. If you’re reading this anywhere BUT RedState, you are seeing STOLEN PROPERTY.
Tip Jar – If you like what you read here, please consider hitting one of these and further funding my modest little effort. Thanks! 🙂
- 1-800-Guns And Ammo: http://i.refs.cc/ov8iWvDx?u=1522834489762 – You get 5% off your first order, I get 75 Rewards Points. (~$7.50 store credit)
- Dvor: https://www.dvor.com/s/8l190b – I get $10 in store credit after your first order ships.
- Star Citizen computer game: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist?referral=STAR-JRY4-Z754 – You get 5000 credits for the in-game store, and if you buy a $40 game package I get a Recruitment Point toward some cool stuff. (Next goal: 5 more RP’s to a free ship.)