Promoted from the diaries by Bill
Today, abortion giant Planned Parenthood released its 2008-2009 Annual Report.
Behind the colorful graphics and happy faces is a stark number: Planned Parenthood received $363 million in government grants and contracts from 2008 to 2009 alone, all at the expense of the U.S. Taxpayer and the lives of unborn babies.
How many lives are we talking? 324,008 unborn human lives destroyed in one year. How many adoption referrals? 9,433.
And that number of lives ended and women wounded will continue to rise as the amount of federal funding they receive continues to rise:
Going into 2011, the funding level is set to go up should Congress pass the latest Omnibus Appropriations bill headed for a vote in the next few days:
- $327 million is allocated for the Title X Family Planning Program – which provides funding to Planned Parenthood. This is a $44 million increase over the last four years.
- $710 million is allocated for international family planning/reproductive health which provides funding to organizations such as Planned Parenthood that promote and perform abortion overseas. This marks a massive $270 million increase over the last four years.
Add those two numbers together, and we’re at over a billion. Speaking of abortions overseas, Planned Parenthood notes in its report:
- “In Kenya, we worked with advocates who developed a grassroots campaign to increase public support for decriminalizing abortion.” (page 20)
- “In Latin America and the Caribbean, we offered training for health center security and tracking groups hostile to women’s health and family planning.” (page 20)
- “In northern Nigeria, we overcame the reluctance of a large religious organization to introduce basic reproductive health care through its more than 100 health centers. Now, more than 60 of those centers offer birth control and refer women to private medical providers if they need a safe abortion.” (page 21)
The solution is clear and simple: it’s time to Stop Abortion Funding and Defund Planned Parenthood.
We made major pro-life gains last month, but they mean absolutely nothing if we do not turn them into serious legislative gains for the unborn.
Be a voice for the voiceless unborn. Join the fight here.