Well, we keep seeing the Old Media blasting (or trying to) John McCain’s bold choice for his vice president, Sarah Palin. They keep pretending that Palin has no “experience.” Of course, they refuse to say a word about Barry Hussein Obama’s thin resume, but hey… THAT’S why they are the Media. To take the side of the far left.
Still, I thought it might be interesting to see Barry’s record next to Sarah’s. Now, remember, Barry is the guy that the extremists on the left say is “qualified” to be the actual president and Palin is only running for vice president.
- Wife: Michelle
- 2 Children: Malia, Sasha.
- B.A. Political Science/International Relations, Columbia University, 1983
- J.D. Harvard Law School, 1991
- Editor of Harvard Law Review
- State Senator, Illinois, 1996-2004
- No initiatives or legislation of notice, many non-votes and little by way of a record
- U.S. Senator, Illinois, 2005-present
- No initiatives or legislation of notice, little time spent in Washington as he’s been running for president since 2004
- Senior Lecturer, Constitutional Law, University of Chicago, 1992-2004
- Never tenured and wrote no scholarly papers
- Attorney, Miner Barnhill & Galland, 1993-2004
- Never became a partner
- “Community Organizer”
- Responsible for no major initiatives or programs
Never achieved any major accomplishment after Harvard. Was not a leader of extraordinary courage, did not reach across the aisle, and was responsible for no major initiatives that changed the corrupt Chicago way of business. Never owned a business, has no executive experience at all.
- Husband: Todd
- 5 Children: Track, Bristol, Willow, Piper, Trig
- B.S. Journalism, Minor Political Science University of Idaho, 1987
- Former Council Member of Wasilla City Council, Alaska
- Fought wasteful spending and high taxes
- Former Mayor of Wasilla City, Alaska
- Led the fight against cronyism and wasteful spending
- Candidate, Lieutenant Governor, Alaska, 2002 (Came in 2nd)
- Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission 2003 – 2004
- Rooted out major corruption and fought party bosses (and won)
- Governor of Alaska, 2006-present
- Beat party bosses and incumbent Gov of her own Party, ran on an anti-corruption platform
- 2008, Negotiated Alaska natural gas pipeline deal between Canada and Alaska
- First Place, Miss Wasilla Beauty Contest, 1984
- Second Place, Miss Alaska Pageant, 1984
- Television Sports Reporter, 1987-1989
- Owns commercial fishing business with husband
Achieved much in her family life. Took on corrupt party bosses in several capacities and won. Became Governor and gained executive experience. She’s had time to achieve all this before she is 50-years-old AND have 5 children! Simply astounding.
Obviously, I’d stack Palin’s far more extensive experience against Barry Hussein Obama’s any time. At LEAST Palin’s done something. Unlike Barry who has thus far wasted his potential.
Be sure and Visit my Home blog Publius’ Forum. It’s what’s happening NOW!