The Keystone pipeline has a lot going for it. The case for it is construction is strong and most reasonable people are for it.
As Steve Maley noted:
Opponents of the Keystone XL project might think they’re saving the environment by blocking the line. Not so.
- Without the line, Canadians will sell the oil to the Chinese, who will export the oil in tankers.
- Without the line, American imports will necessarily increase. More tankers.
- Unlike tanker spills, pipeline spills are of limited volume and limited environmental impact. Pipelines are the most efficient and cleanest way to move volumes of oil.
And as I further noted:
But just in case you need more convincing, here’s some more benefits courtesy of the Consumer Energy Alliance:
- Will create over 20,000 high wage manufacturing and construction jobs
- Will contribute over $20 billion to the U.S. economy
- Will deliver over 700,000 barrels of American and Canadian crude to refineries in the Gulf Coast to help America with the over 19 million barrels of oil a day that we consume
Whoa… that dude just blew my mind.