EDITOR OF REDSTATE
Dick Lugar’s Voting Record
The other day I suggested Dick Lugar fire his new media guy.
Let’s add another example to the list. His campaign sent out an email blast encouraging people to come to a site supporting Richard Mourdock to read a hit piece Lugar’s new media guy posted about Mourdock’s voting record.
The offense? Not voting for John McCain in the Indiana GOP Primary in 2008.
But what about Dick Lugar’s voting record. Consider the following:
Dick Lugar voted
- To support a host of anti-gun legislation including a concealed weapons ban
- To support the Bridge to Nowhere
- To oppose school choice for victims of Hurricane Katrina
- To oppose $13 billion in new mandatory spending cuts
- To support raiding the social security trust fund to fund general budget appropriations
- To oppose a one year earmark moratorium
- To support adding $52 billion in new spending to Barack Obama’s stimulus bill
- To support TARP
- To support giving the IMF more money
- To support the tax credit and tariff on ethanol
- To support increased foreign aid spending
- To support an expansion of highway spending that would bankrupt the Highway Trust Fund
- To support increasing the loan limit to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Richard Mourdock did not go vote for John McCain in a, by that time, uncontested Republican Primary.
Dick Lugar voted to bankrupt America.