Countdown to Nov. 2nd: 37 days.
Perhaps it is from spending too many years in Chicago; or, perhaps, it is his SEIU/ACORN training. In either case, our President has a fondness for "The Chicago Way," even going so far as once having used the line: “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun.”
Of course, that was in 2008 and he was talking about his political opponent, John McCain, during the campaign. However, it was a message that has many who have crossed the Obama Administration have come to learn first hand.
Now, though, the President's political opponents appear to be the American people (or at least those who cling to their guns and religion) and, instead of using the image of weaponry, Obama's advisors apparently view an all-out assault on Americans who exercise their First Amendment Rights as not only proper, but necessary to preserve their power.
Metaphorically speaking, instead of bringing their guns to a knife fight, Obama's advisors are apparently considering the use of mustard gas on the American people. And, for what? Simply because Americans have chosen to exercise their basic, constitutional civil liberties of peaceable assemblage and petitioning their government for a redress of grievances.
Over the last two years, however, a growing number of Americans have begun to realize that the entire Washington establishment, currently dominated by the Democrats (but including Republicans), are playing by an entirely different set of rules, that their ethos (and pledges) are questionable at best, and that, plainly speaking, they are
Evil just not nice people.
On November 2nd, Americans will have the chance to reject the current track our nation is heading down. It may be the last chance, given a Washington elite that disregards (nay, despises) the Constitution and appears to be on a hell-bound trek towards bankrupting our nation, while enslaving generations of Americans into state servitude.
To be sure, November 2nd is shaping up to be a gang-fight of ideologies:
- On the Left, with their goal of European-Statism threatened, they stand, a Leviathan that is better funded, better organized and in reliance on the legions of jackboots within the state-supported unions to push back on the growing tide of freedom. They have resorted to demonization, violence, intimidation and assault, while their ministers of propaganda spew vitriol and misinformation.
- On the Right, a loose confederation of concerned Americans from across the political spectrum, appalled by what they see as a nation that is nearing bankruptcy in both the literal and figurative sense; their freedoms disappearing under the stranglehold of regulatory edicts and red tape; and their own government attacking them for questioning the path politicians and bureaucrats have chosen. While these Americans are greater in number, they are leaderless, distrusting of their own political leaders, and the organizations many of them founded through commons bonds and fellowship are lacking in tactical resources against a gauntlet of leftist goons.
In some ways, it is a battle that has been fought and won before. But that was over 230 years ago.
Then, as now, it took resolve and it took the coordination of 13 disparate colonies. Then, as now, America was divided between those who fought for freedom and those who chose to live under the yoke of a tyrannical government. Then, as now, there were battles that were won and there were battles lost.
GOTV: Today's Battlefield
Today's ideological battle will not be won or lost in armed conflict...at least not now (and, hopefully, not ever). Instead, the battles will be fought at the ballot box, at the polls and on the streets as people Get Out the Vote (GOTV).
However, as Americans ready themselves to beat the Leviathan of the Left, many are underestimating, while others are entirely ill prepared. Young organizations that have only recently emerged are floundering, many of their members wondering what more they could be doing to GOTV. In sum, in November, many freedom-loving Americans (and their candidates) will be going to a gun fight armed only with their pocket knives.
Evening the Odds
Knowing the size and scope of the Leviathan's reach was largely the reason why the Concord Project was conceived months ago, built over the summer, and launched nearly three weeks ago.
The RedStaters involved (both in front of and behind the scenes) due to their involvement in the fight for freedom know the strengths and weaknesses of where the movement stands today.
The Concord Project is a tool to even the odds in 2010 and beyond. It is free, and it is something that no single group can do alone. In order to preserve America in the face of a regime that is hell-bent on statism and destroying liberty, enough Americans must come together, to engage in the battle.
By providing basic Get Out the Vote tutorials, as well as providing a bridge for individuals, activists and groups to work with one another to coordinate their GOTV efforts, the Concord Project is a tool that can serve that purpose as people take advantage of it.
The most important thing Americans can do right now (before Nov. 2nd) to defeat the Leviathan of the Left is to 1) coordinate their GOTV efforts, 2) build voting blocs, 3) work with or help candidate campaigns, and 4) make plans to get people to the polls on November 2nd.
The Concord Project was built with a facilitation platform.
With its 50 state wiki pages, individuals, activists and groups can use the wiki forums to:
- Post GOTV events
- Coordinate precinct walks
- Ask for phone banking help
- Link to articles you think are of interest to other activists
- Create a discussion on a particular issue
- Post endorsements of candidates
The Concord Project has simple instructions for activists and groups on How to Put the Concord to Work for GOTV.
There are 37 days until November 2nd.
“I bring reason to your ears, and, in language as plain as ABC, hold up truth to your eyes.” Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776
For news and views on today’s unions, go to LaborUnionReport.com.