GOTV: The Top Ten Reasons You Should Be Working On Getting Out the Vote
Four weeks from today. That’s all. Four. Weeks.
On November 2nd, there will be an electoral showdown with the forces of freedom on one side, and the forces of statism on the other. If this past weekend’s Marxist March on the Mall didn’t help draw a line in the sand for you, perhaps these other items* might:
- Our nation is nearly $13.6 trillion in debt.
- You, your significant other, your children, your grandchildren owe nearly $44,000 each to the debt (for taxpayers alone, nearly $122,000 each)—right now.
- Unions have taken over two branches of the federal government, the Legislative and Executive branches—including the West Wing of the White House.
- Unions and union-bought Democrats are trying to take away your right to vote on unionization, your freedom to contract, and even your right to work.
- Union-bought Democrats have nationalized your healthcare
- Union-bought Democrats are trying to limit First Amendment Rights
- Union-backed Democrats have “reformed Wall St.” by giving unions the keys to the board rooms
- You have bailed out banks, car companies and unions (see number #1 above)
- You are being asked to bail out union pensions
- They have completely unmasked themselves, and trashed a national park in protest
And, they’re not finished yet…
Now, if none of those were reasons enough to start working on Getting Out the Vote (GOTV), here’s another for you: GOTV for the Gipper…
So, if you’ve got the fortitude and the desire, here are some easy ways you can work to GOTV:
- Recruit your friends and family.
- Use the Power of Five to build a voting bloc.
- Volunteer for a campaign. Candidates will welcome your help in:
- Walking a precinct
- Making telephone calls
- Helping to distribute yard signs
- Start coordinating your activities (person to person, group to group)
- Above all, start now
Unions and their Marxist allies have been working and coordinating their GOTV efforts for months. They are spending hundreds of millions of dollars to “transform America” to this:
They’ve shown you their vision.
Now, its up to you to make sure they don’t win.
Get up, and Get Out the Vote.
There is one month left.
[* The above list is by no means a comprehensive list.]
“I bring reason to your ears, and, in language as plain as ABC, hold up truth to your eyes.”Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776
For news and views on today’s unions, go to LaborUnionReport.com.