Last week’s NLRB vote to give unions the ability to ambush union-free workers and the companies that employ them, as well as to deny due process on bargaining unit issues, is only the latest in a long line of attacks on America’s union-free workforce by the union extremists controlling Barack Obama’s National Labor Relations Board.
Notwithstanding the recent agreement between Boeing and the Machinists’ union to end the prosecution* of Boeing opening its second 787 in South Carolina, listing out of all of the attacks on job creators and America’s union-free workforce would necessitate more than an entire post. However, here are just a few of the NLRB’s assaults on America’s union-free workforce:
- Micro-unions: In a recent ruling, the NLRB has given unions the green light to begin unionizing portions companies by what are called “micro-unions.” Now, union can unionize small segments of a company by classification (or department).
- Reducing employees’ rights to rid themselves of unwanted unions: In a reversal of a previous NLRB decision, the Obama-NLRB has made it much more difficult for employees to decertify unions where highly flawed card-check method of unionization had been utilized. The NLRB’s reversal was only outdone by the NLRB’s destroying of ballots from elections that were already held, but were awaiting the outcome of the NRLB’s decision.
- Requiring union-free employees to post union posters. Though delayed, the NLRB is requiring all union-free, private-sector employers to post NLRB posters explaining workers’ rights to unionize.
- Legitimizing union ‘sweetheart deals.’ Last year, the NLRB approved unions’ ability to negotiation pre-recognition agreements in exchange for ‘card check,’ thus undermining employees’ rights through “sweetheart deals.”
It’s time to put pressure on Washington to halt the NLRB’s assault and here’s how you can help:
You can even embed a Rein in the Rogue NLRB widget on your blog or website.
Help America’s union-free workforce by sending a message to Washington: Halt the Assault on America’s Union-Free Employees and Job Creators–Rein in the Rogue NLRB.
Pass it on.
- Union used labor board to win jobs
- Labor board broke federal law on Boeing suit
- How NLRB helped unions shake down Boeing
- Court of Appeals Smacks NLRB Over Postal Employees’ Privacy
- HOW OBAMA’S NLRB KILLED JOB GROWTH IN AMERICA [Video]
- Obama’s Job-Killing NLRB Strikes Again! Orders ALL Employers To Post Union Notices
- Union-Controlled NLRB Approves Union Thuggery in Union Elections
- New NLRB Decision Legitimizes Unions’ Race to the Bottom
About the Free Enterprise Alliance:
- The Free Enterprise Alliance is the action arm for small businesses, entrepreneurs and other advocates of limited government, open and fair (and intense) competition, and the economically sound principles upon which America was built.
*Note: While it is expected to do so, the NLRB has not yet withdrawn its complaint against Boeing, even though the Machinists’ union has agreed to withdraw its unfair labor practice charge.
“I bring reason to your ears, and, in language as plain as ABC, hold up truth to your eyes.” Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776
Cross-posted on LaborUnionReport.com