Meet Jessica Shearer, Executive Director of the Healthcare Education Project at 1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East.
In the 14-minute video below, Ms. Shearer, sitting in a panel discussion (with an unknown Tea Party activist beside her), discusses a variety of topics, such as:
- The current excitement over the OccupyWallSt movement and what it means to the union movement
- The inability of unions to motivate their own members
- The half-empty buses to last year’s One Nation rally
- The election Barack Obama and the subsequent disappointment on his (and the SEIU’s) “caving” on health care reform
- The failure of Barack Obama’s Organizing for America to realize its potential
- …and much more
View the video in its entirety. It is an insightful look into the mind of a SEIU activist and insider…a collectivist.
“I bring reason to your ears, and, in language as plain as ABC, hold up truth to your eyes.” Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776
Cross-posted on LaborUnionReport.com