@BarackObama extending #obamacare deadline more or less indefinitely at this point.
Eventually, they’re just going to announce that everybody’s deemed to have been in compliance with Obamacare’s individual mandate tax. It’s the logical progression to this nonsense, really.
The Obama administration said Tuesday that it would provide more time for people to sign up for health insurance if they could show that they missed the Tuesday deadline for applications because of problems with the federal health care website.
- How, exactly, is somebody supposed to show that they missed the deadline because of problems with the website? …Think about that one for a second.
- Obviously, the feds are not going to look too closely – or at all – at people who claim #1. So why doesn’t the administration simply admit that the individual mandate is unworkable as presently configured?
- Oh, right, the administration would have to go back to Congress if it wants to change the mandate, given that the mandate is a tax – and as such is under Congress’s purview.
- Where does the Obama administration derive its authority to dictate last minute changes to the insurance market like this?
- Does anybody in the Obama administration know what the term ‘corporatism’ mean? Does anybody in the administration care?
- Who here believes that, if actually meaningful signups and finalized registrations were going gangbusters, the administration would be trumpeting the numbers far and wide?
- And I hardly need say that the federal exchange website is – yet again – incapable of handling the strain.
I’m genuinely sorry for every person who has to worry about this stuff today. Every person. This horrible situation that the Democrats have imposed on us is hardly in tune with the true spirit of Christmas…
Moe Lane (crosspost)