In alphabetical order:
- Jeb Bush is a bit looser, a bit more comfortable. Can’t imagine why…
- …Dr. Ben Carson is a very nice man and possibly too good a person to run for President.
- Chris Christie has the right instincts – go whale on Hillary Clinton – but I don’t know if he’s making the sale here generally.
- Ted Cruz is a little uneven; I think he may have prepped for a slightly different debate than the one we’re having. But he also was willing to tell Iowans to their faces that yeah, he wants to get rid of ethanol mandates.
- John Kasich is very helpful. No, really: I need to go get a soda from time to time.
- Rand Paul is far more libertarian than I am, but it’s useful to have him there on the stage to actually, you know, talk about the libertarian stuff that an entire wing of the GOP believes in.
- Marco Rubio is taking shots, but shrugging them off.
All in all, this Fox debate was a breath of fresh air, folks. This is what I wanted in the first place. This is the debate that I and you earned. And I enjoyed it! – Even the bits with Kasich.