Hillary Clinton has blamed almost everyone and everything imaginable for her election loss to Donald Trump except herself.
She has blamed so many things that we were forced to create a short list of all the people and things Hillary has blamed for her election loss.
1. FBI Director James Comey. Clinton blamed Comey, who released a letter just ten days before the election, for reopening a second investigation into her email server.
2. Russia. Clinton hurled quite a bit of blame at Russia for “meddling” in the election when they allegedly hacked the Democratic National Convention (DNC) and her campaign chairman John Podesta in order to release damaging emails to the public.
3. WikiLeaks. Clinton blamed WikiLeaks, who has no proven connection to Russia or Russian hackers, for their involvement in publishing thousands of emails from her personal accounts as well as John Podesta’s.
4. Sen. Bernie Sanders. Clinton did laugh when she blamed Sanders for her election loss, but she was also kind of serious, too. Clinton was asked to what extent she would assign to Sanders for pushing the narrative on her emails on voters. Clinton looked at her watch in the interview and said, “How much time do we have?”
Also important to note that Donna Brazile, a CNN commentator, was busted twice for leaking debate questions to the Hillary campaign and not to Bernie Sanders. So it is possible Clinton is still mad at Bernie for pushing her so hard during the primaries.
5. Misogyny. In the interview below, Clinton said: “Certainly, misogyny played a role. And that just has to be admitted, and why and what the underlying reasons for that, is what I’m trying to figure out myself,” she said.
“I think in this election there was a very real struggle between what is viewed as change that is welcomed and exciting to so many Americans and change which is worrisome and threatening to so many others,” she said, adding, “You layer on the first woman president over that, and I think some people, women included, had big problems.”
Clinton thinks people didn’t vote for her because she is a woman. Sad!
6. Her Campaign members. According to an excerpt from the book, “Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton’s Doomed Campaign,” both Bill and Hillary blamed almost all of the senior campaign officials for failing to push her message, prepare her for debates, and develop a viable campaign strategy in key swing states.
To compare to that list, here’s how many times Hillary spoke about how she was personally to blame for her own loss: zero.
Hillary never once highlighted that her entire campaign strategy was terrible. We could go on and on about “pay for play” scandals, her tenure at the State Department when she approved weapons deals in exchange for donations to her foundation, her private email server, Benghazi, that she never set foot in Wisconsin, or how she framed her campaign in the most narcissistic way possible with the phrase “I’m With Her” instead of “I’m With You [voters].”
Clinton failing to acknowledge any of that is breathtaking, but it is exactly why she lost.
Sure, the election was long ago and we all should move on. But when she appears in the political spotlight and tries to blame everyone and everything else for her election loss, that has to be called out.
Here’s the interview she sat down for at the 2017 Women in the World Summit where she gave a majority of these excuses: