Is anybody under the impression that the Obama administration has either the will or the know-how to confront and combat Islamic terrorism?
So far, he’s been a miserable failure. In attack after attack, his response has been tepid, at best, and has shown a willful rejection of commonsense answers, at worst.
Senator Ted Cruz spoke up last night, giving a reality check to President Obama after the attack in Nice, France, which left 80 dead.
“Tonight, our close ally France is reeling from yet another major attack apparently carried out by radical Islamic terrorists,” Cruz said in a statement late Thursday.
With the massacre in Nice being the third mass killing in France in the last year and a half, Cruz said “Let us make no mistake about it: Europe is under siege.”
While our European counterparts seem to be catching the worst of it, the goal should be to prevent any more attacks on our own shores. The U.S. has seen more attacks recently, as radicalized individuals seem to be stepping up their game in cities like Boston, San Bernadino, and Orlando.
“We need to stop radicalized individuals from coming into the United States. We need to empower our law enforcement to target this specific threat, whether imported or homegrown,” Cruz continued. “After seven and a half years of the Obama administration denying this danger, it is getting worse, not better. Willful blindness is not a policy.”
Senator Cruz rightly condemned the limp-wristed actions of Obama, who has shown far more zeal in pushing a gun-grabbing agenda than in dealing with the threat on any level that may be connected with the actual problem.
“They have used the last two years to establish a network of militants around the world from France to Bangladesh who are now coming to life,” Cruz said. “They may be in the United States as well.”
And while Nero fiddles, Rome burns.
Modern translation: While Obama golfs, Americans die.