In just a year, actress and activist — actrevist, if you will — Alyssa Milano has come a long way. Initially a nice girl expressing her views mildly and respectfully, she’s devolved into a rude extremist (here) speaking far outside her area of expertise (here, here, here, here, and here), seemingly engulfed by a bad, bad case of the ol’ messiah complex (here and here).
And not everyone on the anti-conservative side is willing to follow.
Recently, the Who’s the Boss star called for all women to withhold sex from men in protest of Georgia’s (and other states’) fetal heartbeat bill:
Our reproductive rights are being erased.
Until women have legal control over our own bodies we just cannot risk pregnancy.
JOIN ME by not having sex until we get bodily autonomy back.
— Alyssa Milano (@Alyssa_Milano) May 11, 2019
A few problems:
- Respectfully, the vast majority of women don’t care what Samantha Micelli thinks about anything, let alone politics. Therefore, that would be a “No” on taking abstinence orders.
- Tragically stuck in a left-wing bubble, Alyssa seems to believe women are inherently pro-choice. They ain’t — see here.
- The actress has completely missed the irony: She’s raging against someone telling women what they can do with their bodies by telling women what they can do with their bodies. #Goofy
Some left-wing ladies are telling Alyssa where to stick it.
Feminist and Philadelphia magazine Business Editor Fabiola Cineas tweeted that she’d like Alyssa to hold back on the Wrong:
— Fabiola Cineas (@FabiolaCineas) May 11, 2019
Feministing.com founder and Why Have Kids? author Jessica Valenti said she isn’t going back to the oppressive days of slut shaming. Oh, and also, Republican men get mad if women are having tons of fun gettin’ it on all over the place:@AngryBlackLady Imani Gandy’s on board with lotsa sex and against the idea that the you-know-what is what women have that men want: Perhaps the best response came from The Good Men Project’s Joanna Schoeder, who downright out-woked Alyssa by a country mile:
Why a #SexStrike (Lysistrata!) is a bad idea:
1. Positions all oppressors as men (when 52% of white women voted for trump)
2. Supposes all ppl are heterosexual + part of the gender binary.
3. Perpetuates rape culture idea that men are sexual beasts & women are sexual gatekeepers. https://t.co/vhkwYlXVXu
— joanna schroeder (@iproposethis) May 11, 2019
Democrats have been wrong all along: Women are individuals with their own unique thoughts. They don’t all think alike. Not even ones on the same side of the aisle.
So who’s gonna get it right for the fairer sex? Who’s the most woke, the most indignantly triggered, the most anti-Trump? And how can red states be beaten into submission in the arena of abortion rights? It remains to be seen.
As for now, the Pink Hat battle rages on, outward and inward.
See 3 more pieces from me:
Find all my RedState work here.
Thank you for reading! Please sound off in the Comments section below. For iPhone instructions, see the bottom of this page.
If you have an iPhone and want to comment, select the box with the upward arrow at the bottom of your screen; swipe left and choose “Request Desktop Site.” If it fails to automatically refresh, manually reload the page. Scroll down to the red horizontal bar that says “Show Comments.”