Despite the specious objections of some, the attorneys for Nicholas Sandmann have filed another libel case against a major media outlet. This time it’s CNN and the number is staggering. I couldn’t think of a more deserving entity given their latest antics (here and here).

If you aren’t familiar with the slanderous incident, the short version is that the media ran with a false narrative that high school students in MAGA hats racially targeted a Native American “Vietnam vet,” who ended up being nothing of the sort. In the end, the entire story turned out to be false, as it was the kids who were targeted for harassment by Mr. Phillips and the Black Hebrew Israelites. Yet, some outlets continued to report and push the slanderous claims anyway. Now the chickens are coming home to roost.

Fox News has the latest.

A lawsuit worth $275 million was filed against CNN on Tuesday over the network’s alleged “vicious” attack against Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann.

The lawsuit, filed just after 3 p.m. in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, claims that CNN “elevated false, heinous accusations of racist conduct” against Sandmann and failed to adhere to “well-established journalistic standards and ethics.”

This follows on the heels of a lawsuit filed against The Washington Post for a slightly lesser, but still massive $250M. These are just the first two in what will likely be a long list of defendants who find themselves entangled in legal trouble over their dishonest, false coverage of Nick Sandmann and the Covington Catholic incident.

“What CNN’s tagline is, is, ‘facts first,’ and what we believe their reporting was in this circumstance was, ‘lies first, cover up second,’ and facts not yet determined by that organization,” McMurtry said.

The attorney said that what the news network reported was “without any reasonable investigation, they took something straight off Twitter that had been in essence manipulated so that it told one story and they reported it as the truth.”

Not only that, but even after the initial tweeted video was proven to show the wrong context in the face of a full 2 hours of footage, CNN kept putting on “analysts” to slander a bunch of innocent kids. Their (and other’s) behavior was disgusting and crossed a line that should not be crossed. Going after children just because it coincided with taking a shot at President Trump was a new low for our media and they deserve to pay the price for it.

I don’t know if Sandmann and his lawyers will prevail. I do know that they have to try. Letting this go would only embolden the media to continue to have zero standards when it comes to attacking anything they see as “right-wing.” Even though these lawsuits are likely to be settled for less than their original totals, maybe it will serve as a deterrent next time CNN, et al. want to run with an untrue story just to feed their liberal narrative.

————————————————-

Enjoying the read? Please visit my archive and check out some of latest articles.

I’ve got a new twitter! Please help by following @bonchieredstate.