It’s become crystal clear how it all originated. The Russian collusion conspiracy began the day the Clinton campaign and the DNC made the decision to hire a former British spy to produce and then propagate a dirty dossier among the powerful and the influential in Washington. While the Clinton machine managed to add several degrees of separation between themselves and the dossier, there’s no denying that it all started with the fictitious, salacious and unverifiable document which they had commissioned in the spring of 2016. It is therefore inconceivable that Hillary Clinton has, so far, managed to escape scrutiny.
Hillary and the DNC, which she essentially controlled, tried to hide their culpability by using the law firm of Perkins, Coie as an intermediary. The lawyer who represented both the DNC and the campaign was a partner at Perkins Coie. He arranged for his firm to hire Fusion GPS, an opposition research firm owned by Glenn Simpson, which then hired Christopher Steele to produce the dossier. In this way, they were able to “disguise the operation from Congress and the public, and in its Federal Election Commission (FEC) spending reports.”
Once the dossier was created, Simpson and Steele began disseminating it throughout the political community. In September, Steele shared the story with several journalists, one of whom was Yahoo! News’ Michael Isikoff, who broke the story at the end of the month.
The scheme advanced quickly due to the countless connections which had naturally developed over long careers in government service. It spread like a cancer from one intelligence agency to the next and ultimately involved the top officials from the DOJ, the FBI, the CIA and the State Department.
The Hill’s John Solomon wrote that “the Clinton team’s dirty trick was as diabolical as it was brilliant. It literally used house money and a large part of the U.S. intelligence apparatus to carry out its political hit job on Trump. After two years of American discomfort, and tens of millions of taxpayer dollars spent, it’s time for the house to call in its IOU.” Solomon published a list of questions for Clinton to answer:
- In January 2018, the Senate Judiciary Committee sent a formal investigative request for documents and written answers from your campaign. Do you plan to comply?
- Please identify each person in your campaign who was involved with, or aware of, hiring Fusion GPS, Glenn Simpson and Christopher Steele.
- Please identify each person in your campaign, including Perkins Coie lawyers, who were aware that Steele provided information to the FBI or State Department, and when they learned it.
- Describe any information you and your campaign staff received, or were briefed on, before Election Day that was derived from the work of Simpson, Steele, Fusion GPS, Nellie Ohr or Perkins Coie and that tried to connect Trump, his campaign or his business empire with Russia.
- Please describe all contacts your campaign had before Election Day with or about the following individuals: Bruce Ohr, Nellie Ohr, Glenn Simpson, Christopher Steele, former Australian diplomat Alexander Downer, former foreign policy scholar Stefan Halper and Maltese academic Joseph Mifsud.
- Did you or any senior members of your campaign, including lawyers such as Michael Sussmann, have any contact with the CIA, its former Director John Brennan, current Director Gina Haspel, James Baker, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page or former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe?
- Describe all contacts your campaign had with Cody Shearer and Sidney Blumenthal concerning Trump, Russia and Ukraine.
- Describe all contacts you and your campaign had with DNC contractor Alexander Chalupa, the Ukraine government, the Ukraine Embassy in the United States or the U.S. Embassy in Kiev concerning Trump, Russia or former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.
- Why did your campaign and the Democratic Party make a concerted effort to portray Trump as a Russian asset?
- Given that investigations by a House committee, a Senate committee and a special prosecutor all have concluded there isn’t evidence of Trump-Russia collusion, do you regret the actions by your campaign and by Steele, Simpson and Sussmann to inject these unfounded allegations into the FBI, the U.S. intelligence community and the news media?
Rush Limbaugh is now calling Hillary the “Architect of the Coup.” He discussed a recent piece by The Federalist’s H.A. Goodman on his radio show. Goodman’s premise is that, “John Durham needs to investigate why the info generating the Mueller probe is all linked to Hillary Clinton. At a certain point, it can’t be mere coincidence that every major figure involved in probing Trump’s campaign is linked to Hillary Clinton in some manner.”
Goodman writes that the evidence upon which the investigation was based:
Was so specious that the Department of Homeland Security and Office of the Director of National Intelligence reports compiled by James Clapper and others had warranty disclaimers. President Trump was investigated based on intelligence linked to statements like “(DHS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within” and “judgments are not intended to imply that we have proof that shows something to be a fact.”
One question that Goodman hopes John Durham’s investigation will answer is, given the enormous budgets and capabilities of the U.S. intelligence agencies, “why the inciting information never originated within the U.S. government. Why has the funding from Democrats [Hillary and the DNC], along with other blatant conflicts of interest, been ignored by Comey, Clapper, and John Brennan?”
When the DNC computers were hacked, they called in “Crowdstrike” to investigate. Their technicians determined that the Russians were responsible. The DNC refused to allow access to their computers to the FBI. Goodman wants to know why.
The FBI claims they opened their counterintelligence investigation into Donald Trump after hearing that George Papadopoulos’ had told Australian diplomat Alexander Downer that the Russians had dirt on Hillary Clinton. Yet, “Downer isn’t mentioned in the Mueller report, was never interviewed during the Mueller probe, and is linked to the Clinton Foundation.”
Goodman has many more questions for the former Secretary of State to answer. (Read the whole article here.)
He concludes by stating the obvious. “When Durham finds out exactly why Comey and others ignored blatant conflicts of interest to use faulty and suspect intelligence, Americans will learn the truth about the origins of the Mueller probe.”
It sure looks like all roads lead back to Hillary Clinton and the Steele dossier which she and the DNC commissioned in an effort to derail Trump’s candidacy. Isn’t it time for Hillary to answer some questions – under oath?