Report: Philip Haney, Obama Administration Whistleblower, Shot to Death

On Oct. 28, 2013, President Barack Obama and James Comey participate in the installation ceremony for Mr. Comey as FBI director at the bureau’s Washington headquarters. PHOTO: CHARLES DHARAPAK/ASSOCIATED PRESS

Law Enforcement Today (LET) has learned that Philip Haney, a one-time DHS whistleblower who was repeatedly dismissed by Democratic lawmakers and officials inside the Obama Administration as well as their affiliate, the mainstream media, is dead. Haney retired from the DHS in 2018 after fifteen years of service. He has appeared on both the Megyn Kelly and the Sean Hannity shows.

Haney’s job involved searching for individuals with links to terrorist groups. In a 2016 interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity, he explained that on two occasions, his carefully prepared files had been “purged.” He also believed that, if the Obama Administration had maintained this database, several mass shootings, including the June 2016 Orlando, FL nightclub massacre and the December 2015 San Bernardino, CA mass shooting could have been prevented.

Although he had retired, he remained active professionally. Friends told LET that Haney was planning to go back on the road in advance of the election. He’d said he would be doubling down on efforts to “protect Americans from progressives, leftists and socialists.” According to LET, in 2018, he told an “Intercessors for Prayers” group he had been working on an assignment in Minnesota to stop Rep. Keith Ellison from being elected as the state’s attorney general.

Friends also doubt that he took his own life. He’d never seemed happier they told LET and was engaged to be married later this year.

Haney was the author of a book entitled “See Something, Say Nothing: A Homeland Security Officer Exposes the Government’s Submission to Jihad” and was a founding member of DHS.

LET reports that, as of 10 am on Saturday, they had not “received independent confirmation from the Sheriff’s Department, but sources within law enforcement have verified there’s a death investigation underway.” LET’s statement said “it is unclear when it happened or how” and that “details are still emerging.”

On Friday morning, Haney’s body was discovered outside of San Francisco with a gunshot wound to the chest. His vehicle was nearby. Haney had been missing since Wednesday.

In the video below, Sean Hannity interviews Haney in June 2016. Hannity plays a clip of then-President Obama stridently denigrating the “presumptive Republican nominee,” Donald Trump over his proposal to “bar all Muslims from emigrating to the United States.”

Hannity: Your job was to identify people with terror links in the early 2000s, you were profiling people with links to terror groups.

Haney: …We were focusing on individuals and organizations, networks across the United States and with affiliations in foreign countries.

Hannity: Six years into your tenure, in 2009, you were ordered to scrub the records of Muslims with these terror ties by our government. Who told you to do that?

Haney: It was directed from DHS headquarters. It’s important to keep in mind that that was one year after the November 2008 Holy Land Foundation trial, the largest terror trial in American history that irrefutably proved that these individuals from the Muslim Brotherhood front groups were in direct financial support of Hamas.

Hannity: That’s the trial where CAIR was named as an unindicted co-conspirator, if I’m not mistaken?

Haney: Yes, along with Islamic Society of North America and North American Islamic Trust.

Hannity: You were identifying individuals. You built up a computer database. Obama becomes President. You are literally ordered to scrub the names of Muslims with terror ties…You believe you could have stopped what happened in Orlando [nightclub shooting on June 12, 2016 – two days before this interview] and San Bernardino [mass shooting on December 2, 2015 – six months before interview] had you not been ordered by Obama’s DHS to do this?

Haney: That was the first “great purge,” that was in 2009 with more than 800 records.

Haney talks about a second document purge in 2012. Haney had identified a mosque which he believed Syed Farook, the shooter, and Tashfeen Malik, his wife, had been affiliated and we should have been paying attention to.

Haney: There’s an entire network of those kinds of mosques across the U.S…

Hannity: Do you believe in your heart, that the information you had gathered, if you had kept that information, you might have been able to prevent the terrorist attacks in both San Bernardino and Orlando?

Haney: To clarify, I wasn’t told to scrub, my agency deleted them themselves, but yes, I believe I have a plausible premise that we could have stopped it by two major ways. Either Syed Farook would have been put on a “no fly” list and not allowed to travel or his pending fiance would have been denied a Visa because of his affiliation with an organization with plausible ties to terrorism. That’s at least two different ways we could have stopped it.

Hannity: …You did your job and other people did their jobs and in comes the Obama administration and they wipe out all the work that could have potentially saved the lives of Americans. Is that a fair statement?

Haney: Yes, it’s a fair statement.

(Note: In the second video, then-Fox News host Megyn Kelly interviews Haney. He tells her that “about a year into an investigation that had led his team to one of the mosques that San Bernardino shooter Syed Farook had attended, officials from the State Department and the Homeland Security Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties showed up at his office to pull the plug.”)

Elizabeth Vaughn
Writer at RedState
MBA, former financial consultant, options trader
Mom of three grown children, grandmother
Email Elizabeth at [email protected]

 
Read more by Elizabeth Vaughn