One of the women accusing Virginia Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax of sexual assault is willing to come forward, it seems, and she will be meeting with law enforcement as soon as it can be scheduled.

This report initially comes from the ABC news affiliate in Richmond, Virginia.

The second paragraph of the statement is one that deserves a closer look, as it digs deeper into Fairfax’s reaction to the allegations against him.

This particular allegation stems from a Boston Globe report out Wednesday:

A person close to Tyson’s legal team said the letter did not require a response but emphasized Tyson has said she will cooperate with any investigation.

Lauren Burke, a Fairfax spokeswoman, said the lieutenant governor has never sexually assaulted anyone and would cooperate fully with an investigation by the Suffolk district attorney, if a criminal complaint is filed. But Burke also said, “In that event, the lieutenant governor will explore all options with regard to filing his own criminal complaint in response to the filing of a false criminal complaint against him.

Prior to this, all news of the Fairfax allegations had all but fallen out of the news cycle as national coverage of the border wall funding and President Donald Trump’s emergency declaration took over. However, this latest development is catching the eyes of the national press… and Fairfax’s office.

This sets up a really interesting fight, both in the Virginia justice system and the Virginia statehouse. Lawmakers in Virginia have grappled with the issue, trying to decide how to proceed – or even if they should address the issue at all.

A previous bill of impeachment was withdrawn after the lawmaker behind it was pressured in a caucus call to back down.

So far, the Suffolk County DA’s office has remained quiet on the possible meeting with Tyson.