We’re still a while out from the 2020 election but the desperation to beat President Trump is palpable. The Democrat field will undoubtedly thin quite a bit before then, but for now the field is epically crowded and getting more so every day.
Of the 22 Democrats currently in the running, how many of them can you name off the top of your head? And out of those 22 candidates how many have platforms that you can easily identify and articulate?
- Joe Biden- PLATFORM: won’t creep on women anymore
- Cory Booker- PLATFORM: has a girlfriend
- Kamala Harris – PLATFORM: isn’t white
- Marianne Williamson – PLATFORM:was on Oprah
- Elizabeth Warren – PLATFORM:something, something, free college, something something
- Bernie Sanders – PLATFORM:back for more
- Eric Swalwell – PLATFORM:as president will bravely walk past any Trump Tower Starbucks
- Amy Klobuchar – PLATFORM: eats salad with a comb
- Pete Buttegieg – PLATFORM: gay, doesn’t understand fried chicken
- Andrew Yang – PLATFORM:businessman, wants to give everyone $1000 of their own (tax) money every month
- Julian Castro – PLATFORM:was once someone people noticed
- Beto! Almost forgot Robert Francis O’Rourke- PLATFORM: Hollywood loved him for a split second
That’s about as far as this Editor-at-Large could get before I had to start googling. Maybe I got some of their platforms wrong.
Well, get ready for an exciting new addition to the Democrat field…an addition that Americans have long been clamoring for. A person who could change the game forever, someone who could very well be the single most anticipated presidential candidate of the season. Welcome to the field….(cue drumroll)
….Montana Governor Steve Bullock!
“As the Democratic governor of a state Trump won by 20 points I don’t have the luxury of just talking to people who agree with me.”
Bullock says he’ll get the corrupt money out of politics, unite people across the aisle and…I already forgot the other thing.
Are you excited? Number 23 is…from Montana!