Union bosses fought tooth and nail to nationalize America’s health care—even, in many cases, to the detriment of their own members. Now, instead of chewing on and swallowing what they bit off, unions are getting waivers to the very plan that they shoved down everyone else’s throat.
Here’s the list of known unions* getting ObamaCare waivers:
- Service Employees Benefit Fund
- UFCW Allied Trade Health & Welfare Trust
- IBEW No.915
- Asbestos Workers Local 53 Welfare Fund
- Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 123 Welfare Fund
- UFCW Local 227
- UFCW Maximus Local 455
- Local 25 SEIU
- UFCW Local 1262
- Local 802 Musicians Health Fund
- Greater Metropolitan Hotel
- Local 17 Hospitality Benefit Fund
- Transport Workers
- UFT Welfare Fund
*Several other entities appear to be joint union-employer benefit plans, but it is unclear if this assumption is correct, so only the known union plans are listed above.
While some of us are seeing our health care costs go through the roof, union bosses are getting waivers. This isn’t just wrong, it is grossly hypocritical.
[h/t: Bluegrass Pundit]
“I bring reason to your ears, and, in language as plain as ABC, hold up truth to your eyes.” Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776