I know what you’re thinking. Why waste time on an irrelevant left-wing independent filmmaker whose only purpose in life appears to being spewing serious hatred at and about all things Donald Trump, right?
My answer is the same answer Rush Limbaugh has given during his more than 30-year career on the radio:
The more we listen to people like Michael Moore talk, the more they tell us exactly who they are, what they stand for, and what changes they would make to America if ever given the chance.
And boy did Michael Moore just talk.
On Friday, the 19th anniversary of 9/11, Moore posted a profane, fallacy-filled podcast rant, comparing “mass killer” Trump to Osama bin Laden, and declaring that “no American other than Confederate President Jefferson Davis and his General Robert E. Lee has killed more Americans than Donald J. Trump.”
On what he called “an Emergency Podcast Episode of RUMBLE,” Moore tweeted:
“9/11 or… Only the Confederate Army Has Killed More Americans than Donald J. Trump”. My short, impassioned plea for us to act on the danger we all know that we are in.”
Either link in the tweet will take you to the podcast.
An Emergency Podcast Episode of RUMBLE: “9/11 or… Only the Confederate Army Has Killed More Americans than Donald J. Trump”. My short, impassioned plea for us to act on the danger we all know that we are in.
Spotify: https://t.co/dimpksigN2 pic.twitter.com/2LPufg2t7X
— Michael Moore (@MMFlint) September 12, 2020
As reported by Breitbart, Moore told his audience that he felt obliged to provide the “emergency commentary following another revelation from Trump’s conversations with journalist Bob Woodward, who claimed that Trump said he saved the ‘ass’ of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman from pressure from Congress following the killing of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi.”
Referring to COVID-related deaths, Moore called Trump a murderer, citing the number of Civl War dead as if to make a valid point.
“My friends. This is murder. In the extreme. No American other than Confederate President Jefferson Davis and his General Robert E. Lee has killed more Americans than Donald J. Trump. Think about that. Civil War. 600,000 plus dead. Thank you, Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee. We’re heading over 200,000.
“What if he had chosen to do what any other decent, sane, moral person would have done when informed about this national security threat?”, he asked.
Moore said that while Trump has not actually killed Americans “with his own hands,” he still bears responsibility, likening him to Osama bin Laden, noting that bin Laden didn’t personally fly the planes into the Twin Towers, either.
“I can tell you for a fact that Osama Bin Laden did not fly a single one of those G*d d**n airplanes. So he’s innocent? No. Trump is a mass killer. Trump stood down and knowingly allowed 200,000 Americans to die. That is 67 9/11s.
“Take the dead of this day, take the dead of 9/11, multiply it by 67 times and that’s how many people have died of the coronavirus. Trump knew. So much could have been avoided.”
How does anyone reason with that? You don’t; you refute it.
As luck would have it, Breitbart News did just that.
Moore’s repeated accusations — along with those of Nancy Pelosi and the Democrat Party, and the liberal media — that Trump ignored COVID warnings early-on ring hollow. As Breitbart noted, Democrats were too busy “pushing impeachment” while COVID began to spread.
- January 11: Chinese state media report the first known death from an illness originating in the Wuhan market.
- January 15: Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) holds a vote to send articles of impeachment to the Senate. Pelosi and House Democrats celebrate the “solemn” occasion with a signing ceremony, using commemorative pens. That same day, the first person with coronavirus in the United States arrives from China, where he had been in Wuhan.
- January 21: The first American case of coronavirus is confirmed at a clinic in Snohomish County, Washington.
- January 23: The House impeachment managers make their opening arguments for removing President Trump.
- January 23: China closes off the city of Wuhan completely to slow the spread of coronavirus to the rest of China.
- January 27: The White House convenes a special task force to deal with the emerging threat of coronavirus.
- January 29: The president chairs a meeting of the White House coronavirus task force for the first time.
- January 30: Senators begin asking two days of questions of both sides in the president’s impeachment trial.
- January 30: The World Health Organization declares a global health emergency as coronavirus continues to spread.
- January 31: The Senate holds a vote on whether to allow further witnesses and documents in the impeachment trial.
- January 31: President Trump declares a national health emergency and imposes a ban on travel to and from China. Former Vice President Joe Biden calls Trump’s decision “hysterical xenophobia … and fear-mongering.”
- February 2: The first death from coronavirus outside China is reported in the Philippines.
- February 3: House impeachment managers begin closing arguments, calling Trump a threat to national security.
- February 4: President Trump talks about coronavirus in his State of the Union address; Pelosi rips up every page.
- February 5: The Senate votes to acquit President Trump on both articles of impeachment, 52-48 and 53-47.
- February 5: House Democrats finally take up coronavirus in the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Asia.
Facts are stubborn things, as President John Adams famously said. Actually, Adams’s full quote is even more applicable to the Left:
“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
Therein lies the problem for the Left. Liberalism is driven by emotion and passion — most often angry and misplaced. Facts, data, history, logic, reason, and common sense are secondary to the Left, if not an enemy to be completed discredited or ignored.
Thing is, as bitter far-left as Moore is, he’s not an idiot. There may more of a method to his madness than meets the eye.
On the podcast, Moore said there were just 53 days left until “bastard” Trump gets the verdict from the American people and warned progressives to not waste time and energy persuading Trump’s supporters, as reported by Breitbart.
“You need to spend all that energy on getting out the people who are probably not going to vote — the people who need to join you and me and remove this son of a bitch.”
As I reported in an August piece titled Deja Vu All Over Again? Michael Moore Warns Dems About Key Factor for Another Trump Win, Moore issued a warning to Democrats — as he did in 2016 — that Trump is going to win again in November.
“Sorry to have to provide the reality check again, but when CNN polled registered voters in August in just the swing states, Biden and Trump were in a virtual tie. In Minnesota, it’s 47-47.
In Michigan, where Biden had a big lead, Trump has closed the gap to 4 points. Are you ready for a Trump victory?
“Are you mentally prepared to be outsmarted by Trump again? Do you find comfort in your certainty that there is no way Trump can win? […]
“I’m warning you almost 10 weeks in advance. The enthusiasm level for the 60 million in Trump’s base is OFF THE CHARTS!”
It appears that the pressure might be getting to our irrelevant left-wing independent filmmaker. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving guy.