Investigative journalist John Solomon has dropped some tantalizing news, that there are still
“wide swaths of documentation kept under wraps inside government agencies” like the State Department that could have a big effect on the current impeachment proceedings in the House.
A dozen document troves that could change the Ukraine scandal if Trump released themhttps://t.co/nT84cqQgNH
— John Solomon (@jsolomonReports) November 25, 2019
Here are some of the tranches of documents which Solomon listed. You can see his further questions here.
1. Daily intelligence reports from March through August 2019 on Ukraine’s new president Volodymyr Zelensky and his relationship with oligarchs and other key figures.
2. State Department memos detailing conversations between former U.S. Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch and former Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko.
3. State Department memos on U.S. funding given to the George Soros-backed group the Anti-Corruption Action Centre.
4. The transcripts of Joe Biden’s phone calls and meetings with Ukraine’s president and prime minister from April 2014 to January 2017 when Hunter Biden served on the board of the natural gas company Burisma Holdings.
5. All documents from an Office of Special Counsel whistleblower investigation into unusual energy transactions in Ukraine.
6. All FBI, CIA, Treasury Department and State Department documents concerning possible wrongdoing at Burisma Holdings.
7. All documents from 2015-16 concerning the decision by the State Department’s foreign aid funding arm, USAID, to pursue a joint project with Burisma Holdings.
8. All cables, memos and documents showing State Department’s dealings with Burisma Holding representatives in 2015 and 2016.
9. All contacts that the Energy Department, Justice Department or State Department had with Vice President Joe Biden’s office concerning Burisma Holdings, Hunter Biden or business associate Devon Archer.
10. All memos, emails and other documents concerning a possible U.S. embassy’s request in spring 2019 to monitor the social media activities and analytics of certain U.S. media personalities considered favorable to President Trump.
11. All State, CIA, FBI and DOJ documents concerning efforts by individual Ukrainian government officials to exert influence on the 2016 U.S. election, including an anti-Trump Op-Ed written in August 2016 by Ukraine’s ambassador to Washington or efforts to publicize allegations against Paul Manafort.
12. All State, CIA, FBI and DOJ documents concerning contacts with a Democratic National Committee contractor named Alexandra Chalupa and her dealings with the Ukrainian embassy in Washington or other Ukrainian figure
The first obviously deals with why there may have been questions/delays in cutting aid to Zelensky until they made sure he was trustworthy, given the corruption history of so many Ukrainian officials. The second relates to why one might not feel comfortable with Yovanovitch in that position and/or think it was a better idea to remove her.
There have been stories about the question of US Aid being involved in giving aid to Soros groups in other European countries. For awhile, Republican senators were looking into it. But the nothing further was heard about it. Solomon says that the Ukrainians were looking into whether the aid was spent properly but that the U.S. Embassy pressured them to stand down. Why?
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) is already looking into the fourth group. He’s requested information from the State Department on those contacts. Solomon raises a simple question – was there any official determination ever made to justify Joe Biden’s threat to withhold the billion in aid? If it was because of corruption and not because of the prosecutor looking into Burisma, Hunter Biden’s firm, then where’s the official assessment on it?
George Kent testified he stopped a project with Burisma because of his concerns about corruption. So as Solomon raises in seven, what was the project and who was behind it? Were the Bidens involved in it at all?
What if anything did the State Department or other agencies do when Ukraine began looking into Burisma? And what did any of the agencies do in regard to questions of Ukraine meddling in the 2016 election?
Sounds like this document drop would definitely give Schiff the triggering of all time.