Video: Reporter Gives the Anti-Trump Game Away With Death Counts Question During WH Coronavirus Briefing

President Donald Trump speaks about the coronavirus in the James Brady Briefing Room, Wednesday, March 25, 2020, in Washington, as Vice President Mike Pence and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin listen. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

When it comes to the White House Coronavirus Task Force Press briefings, the national press corps in attendance sinks to new lows with each passing day.

One such example was when NBC News “journalist” Peter Alexander snidely asked Trump last week if it was “possible that your impulse to put a positive spin on things may be giving Americans a false sense of hope?”

Another was when ABC News White House correspondent Cecilia Vega actually tried to blame Trump’s use of the term “Chinese virus” for “dozens of incidents of bias against Chinese-Americans in this country.”

The latest example came from today’s briefing. A reporter quoted a Harvard doctor who said the best way we can get the economy going “as soon as possible” was to “test everyone who needs testing” so that those infected could be quarantined while everyone else could get back to work.

“Would you subscribe to that strategy?” the reporter asked. “And if not, how many deaths are acceptable?

Trump appeared to be shocked by the question (as most people would be). “How many? None. Okay, how many deaths are acceptable to me? None. Okay? None. If that’s your question,” he answered, keeping his cool.

Watch:

The question no doubt stems from the fake news reports from Tuesday about how Trump was allegedly willing to get the economy back up and running tomorrow even if he had to step over dead bodies to do it.

This is in addition to the erroneous “reporting” done by major media news outlets that Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (R) said America should be willing to sacrifice senior citizens in order to save the economy.

It’s utterly appalling how what Trump said about wanting to get America back up and running by Easter has been deliberately misreported by so many media outlets. I’m not really surprised, though considering how the media jumped on the “couple swallows toxic aquarium cleaner, man dies” story and rushed to blame Trump.

In both the aquarium cleaner story and this one, the mainstream media have engaged in highly deceptive reporting that has needlessly scared a lot of people, including senior citizens at a time when their fears are running high, and their nerves are on edge.

All because “Orange Man Bad.”

If the MSM had any shame, I’d say “shame on you.” But they don’t, so I won’t.

Related –>> Here’s Documented Evidence of the Political Games the National Media Are Playing in the Midst of Pandemic

Sister Toldjah
North Carolina-based Sister Toldjah, a former liberal, has been writing about media bias, social issues, and the culture wars since 2003. Follow her on Parler here.
Read more by Sister Toldjah