Not long after the national media used Covington Catholic High School junior Nick Sandmann as the subject for Two Minute Hate and ritual dehumanization, the law firm engaged by the Sandmann family filed a $250 million lawsuit against one of the leaders of the lynch mob, the Jeff Bezos owned Washington Post. (Read Nick Sandmann’s Attorney Has Harsh Words For The Washington Post’s Laughable Apology for background.)

Now the lead attorney, Lin Wood, has said that he is pressing ahead with a similar suit against the leading malefactor in the incident CNN. CNN, above all other outlets, whipped up outrage directed at the kids from Covington Catholic, in general, and against Nick Sandmann, in particular. Now, that flock of buzzards may be coming home to feast on the diseased corpse of Don Lemon and his cronies.

Wood will be on Fox’s Life, Liberty & Levin show Sunday at 10 p.m. and in an advance release from that show we get Wood announcing that CNN will be sued for more than $250 million.

“CNN was probably more vicious in its direct attacks on Nicholas than The Washington Post. And CNN goes into millions of individuals’ homes,” Wood told Fox News host and best-selling author Mark Levin.

“They really went after Nicholas with the idea that he was part of a mob that was attacking the Black Hebrew Israelites, yelling racist slurs at the Black Hebrew Israelites. Totally false.

“Now you say you’ve seen the tape; if you took the time to look at the full context of what happened that day, Nicholas Sandmann did absolutely nothing wrong. He was, as I’ve said to others, he was the only adult in the room. But you have a situation where CNN couldn’t resist the idea that here’s a guy with a young boy, that Make America Great Again cap on. So they go after him.”

Wood continued: “The CNN folks were online on Twitter at 7 a.m retweeting the little one-minute propaganda piece that had been put out. … They’re out there right away going after this young boy. And they maintain it for at least two days. Why didn’t they stop and just take an hour and look through the Internet and find the truth and then report it? Maybe do that before you report the lies.”

We, of course, know why they didn’t stop. Nick Sandmann, wearing a MAGA hat that he and many of his classmates had purchased from street vendors during the March for Life, fit neatly into a story template that CNN uses frequently. The grotesque amount of attention that they paid to the desiccated bag of ordure called Nathan Phillips, without spending a nanosecond checking his story, was calculated to play right into the privileged-white-Trump-supporting-Catholic-kid-showing-disrespect-to-a-native-witch-doctor meme.

I doubt this case will ever make it to court. While some too-clever-by-half lawyers claim that Sandmann doesn’t have a case, that is an easy statement to make if you are not making the case to a jury that a major news (hahahaha) outlet used its power to ridicule and defame a 16-year-old boy for fun and profit. Were I CNN’s attorney (and IANAL) I’d probably counsel that this is time to settle or face the very real prospect of being Gawkered.

=========
=========
Like what you see? Then visit my story archive.

I’m on Facebook. Drop by and join the fun there.
=========
=========